3 Questions about Iray\Rendering

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,808
edited January 2020 in New Users

Hoi!

I got 2 questions for Iray\Rendering.

1. Why do I need to activate iray to see the HDRI Backgrounds? :( My PC can really not handle the live view and I wish I could faster rotate the background, so why is Iray needed to show that? its just a big jpg or not?

2. Can I somewhere see how much Vram my scene would need for Rendering? When I activate Iray I can see at the bottom how much it calculates but that changes always...

Edit, one more Question:

for what are they? the Background does not change so... I dont get it.

Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• MrDarck said:

Hoi!

I got 2 questions for Iray\Rendering.

1. Why do I need to activate iray to see the HDRI Backgrounds? :( My PC can really not handle the live view and I wish I could faster rotate the background, so why is Iray needed to show that? its just a big jpg or not?

Not a jpg, but ti is an image file. You could apply it to a suitably mapped sphere and use that as a guide, even in Texture Shaded mode, but you'd have to make it invisible in Render (at least for Iray).

MrDarck said:

2. Can I somewhere see how much Vram my scene would need for Rendering? When I activate Iray I can see at the bottom how much it calculates but that changes always...

No, the only way to be sure is to try rendering.

MrDarck said:

Edit, one more Question:

for what are they? the Background does not change so... I dont get it.

They should move the dome, if it is set to Finite mode.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,808

Thank you. I thought I did answer, but maybe...I forgot to click save (and for some reason there is no draft...)

Seems like I always used infinite dome... so why, do the Origins not hide if you select a infinite drome? would be more logical...

I found as a solution to just hide all, then I can arrange the background and then enable back my people.