How to save new shaders on old objects

gdijedi7gdijedi7 Posts: 22
edited January 2020 in New Users

Greetings!

I have found that the armored pieces of the old V4 ValKyrie armor can be used on G8F if parented to the figure instead of fitted to it, but the old era shaders just don't look good with new era models, so I've been plaing with putting Iray shader presets onto it, with acceptable results. I would like to find a way to save copies of the helmet, breastplate, and spear with the new shader presets I'm using so that I don't have to go through the entire process every time I go to use the armor. 

Is it possible to do this? How would I go about doing it?

Post edited by gdijedi7 on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,250
    edited January 2020

For individual pieces, you can "Save as..." a "Material(s) Preset..." You will be prompted to choose a destination filename, and you can navigate to a new folder (make sure it's under your library) if you want to keep it separate from the original. It's easier if you prepare that first, if just for convenience, maybe as a sub-folder of the original. If I remember correctly, the first time you use a Save As... command Studio goes to a default location under Presets. It remembers where you last went the next time you use the same command.

You could also load them all onto your figure and "Save As..." a "Hierarchical Material(s) Preset..." with the figure selected. Include the outfit items, but exlude the figure and maybe hair (if you don't always want the same one) from the list that you get after choosing your filename and folder. Then it's a one-step process to texture the whole outfit after loading the original.

Even faster, you can "Save As..." a "Wearable(s) Preset..." that will load the whole outfit with the applied materials. Be sure to first select the figure to which everything is attached.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on