Seeing ALL props of an Scene in the Lib?

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,807

Seeing ALL props of an Scene in the Lib?

Hi, is there a way to see ALL props of a scene? Because right now I wanna create a wall with a door, and then at a backdrop behind it, because I have a open living room and from my perspective does it just end, with a wall+door can I end it better, but... I can not acces to walls/doors etc from my sets.

like here:

I can only load the full scene or lights...

Is there some option to load the "hidden" files?

they are all in the Data folder, so... they should be loadable?

got one, via file search "wall".

But please, if anyone know it, it would be nice :) Like this room does only load as full scene:

The only loadable prop is the "Quilt".

if I wanna create a new childroom, I can not place the bed in it :/

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited January 2020

What you are seeing varies from one prop set or packaged "scene" to another. Some exist as collections of separate props, others do not. In the case of the Chesterhaven set, the props are organized into groups accessible by expanding the tree under the Scene tab, and access to at least some individual components to hide, move, etc. are available in that way. But loading individual props is apparently not available out-of-the-box. It may be possible for you to separate the various components, if you wish, using either the DAZ Studio Geometry Editor or a modelling program like Hexagon or Blender, but otherwise, they are what they are. It is not uncommon.

Post edited by SixDs on
  • You can create your own - File>Save As>Scene Subset and check justb the item(s) you want to save.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,807
    edited January 2020

You can create your own - File>Save As>Scene Subset and check justb the item(s) you want to save.

so, when I see a scene where I think i like the props and wanna use them at other scenarios, I do it like that? Is there... maybe a script like "Prop Splitter" or whatever? :D

Which can 1 click split out ALL props of a Prebuild Scene folder into a new Sub Folder?

(If not, this could maybe a new Job for someone Like RiverSoftArt?)

Post edited by Loony on
  • It does depend on the set, they vary n how many items are separate props and how many are bones of a main figure. I'm not aware of an existing script to create separate Scene Subsets for each item loade, but in principle I think one of the samples Rob has put up would make a good foundation http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/save_duf_scene_subset/start

It does depend on the set, they vary n how many items are separate props and how many are bones of a main figure. I'm not aware of an existing script to create separate Scene Subsets for each item loade, but in principle I think one of the samples Rob has put up would make a good foundation http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/save_duf_scene_subset/start

Can you explain me that?

Is that a script that does what I want? And do i have to load each scene one time for it? Would like, when I can do that without loading all the stuff first :D

Like I have one House, which is full designed, but without any items in it, it would be nice when I simply can search for my wanted items like "sofa" and seeing ALL my sofas/couch`s for it :)

or all tables. My own big Warehous/Ikea :D

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    MrDarck said:

It does depend on the set, they vary n how many items are separate props and how many are bones of a main figure. I'm not aware of an existing script to create separate Scene Subsets for each item loade, but in principle I think one of the samples Rob has put up would make a good foundation http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/save_duf_scene_subset/start

Can you explain me that?

Is that a script that does what I want? And do i have to load each scene one time for it? Would like, when I can do that without loading all the stuff first :D

Like I have one House, which is full designed, but without any items in it, it would be nice when I simply can search for my wanted items like "sofa" and seeing ALL my sofas/couch`s for it :)

or all tables. My own big Warehous/Ikea :D

One thing that you can do if you want to take the time is create a new product in your Content Library. For example:
    1) Find a chair in your Content Library.
    2) Right click on it and select "Create a product from..."
    3) Name your product something like "1a Chairs".
    4) Go through your Content Library, right clicking on chairs, selecting "copy", then paste them into the product "1a Chairs".

The reason for 1a, 2a, etc. is that it will show all of your groups in one place. in this case, at the top of the "1" section of the Content Library. For example, in mine I have 1a Chairs, 1a Sofas, 1a Tables, etc. All furniture is 1a, all food is 2a, all dishes and cutlery is 3a, etc.
    Well, not all, just the items of each type that I use the most. It makes things super easy  to find.
    That, and keeping downloaded images of everything I own in a folder and sub-folders on my desktop for easy searching!

But the problem is, I dont SEE all Props :( I would have to load every little Scene and grab out everything...

Like, what if I want from a playground just the slide, I have to load the full playground first and then somehow save the slide.

I created a big own product library, where I did try to categorize all a bit, what I wanna use faster... (i hate that some creatores create dozen subfolders... hair->WoopsysHair->WoopsysHairy Hair-->Product , that makes all too long.