Linday appreciation

12346»

Comments

• KentKent Posts: 106

SapphireBlue said:

Kent Oh, I feel sad for your violin playing. I hope you pick it up again soon or you find a violin that inspires you to play again. Maybe you might even consider getting some effects pedals for your electric violin and explore a new sound!

Okay, there's nothing boring about Metaphysics! Now I'm even more curious what you're writing about. Well hope there's an opportunity for you to share about it. You can add your links (your site, videos, book when it's out, and of course, your DAZ gallery link) in your signature like Dart and I do. Then we can just hop across to see the latest. Yeah, I'm a curious cat. laugh

Dartanbeck Thank you very much! And I already knew of your band and that you were a drummer courtesy of your site! smiley It's neat to hear about your process and that you use your digital drums for the midi. Curious and interesting! You clearly had fun making that track for MATCreator!
    You know I was wondering how closely you modeled 3D Rosie on your wife - super cute to know it's close enough that those kids could recognize her immediately! laugh

Alright, I think that's enough of me going off topic... blush So my effort to get back to Linday is this render I shared in the gallery in the summer, which will be in the current music video project and also be the cover art for the track. I'm using Linday's lovely Classic Wet Hair. heart

I'll play your fool

SapphireBlue, you're very kind.  This image above is beautiful.  I haven't really worked with G9 all tht much.   With regards to the signature, I'm sure I can figure out how that works.  Tech is not really my friend, lol!  Thank you for the tip. 

sid said:

Dartanbeck said:

sid said:

Kent said:

Sid, which male model did you use in this render?

The guy is TMA Kade with a few other dialled in (I can attach since I saved it), Death 9's materials with masculine chest and Dain 9 normals.I kept Kade's eyebrows and stubbles but lightened them both in the surfaces tab. The hair was Punky Tail Hair. (Sorry, I'm a compulsive dial spinner!)

The lady is the recently released Hikari.

The results are stunning!

I'm a compulsive dial spinner too. My Rosie is a custom combination of... well... a whole lot of dial spinning! :)

Dartanbeck she's great! I was gonna ask if she was mocapped and how you got her so... jiggly, but I was worried I was getting a bit off thread, haha.

Kent Torment 8.1 might get you someone simalar without dials. I have just loved all the Gen 9 boys and own most of them!

On topic, the current 80% off for Gen 3 sale has a few linday options

Hi Sid,  tks for your descriptive reply.  You answered everything I was wondering about.  Yes, I do like Torment, he's great to work with.  Re: Linday 80% off, I have almost all of their products already, so whenever there is a new one, I tend to jump on it and grab it.  However - I do not have the two most recent hair products - https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-classic-long-side-bangs-hair-for-genesis-9-and-8-female and https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-wet-style-curly-hair-for-genesis-8-and-9. ; The price tag is just a bit steep for me at this time. (cry)...

Back to the original topic, I love what you did with your male model in the render above.  He stands out in such a fantastic way.  The light catches all those wonderful skin details, just right...

Dartanbeck said:

That's Awesome SapphireBlue!!! Bravo!!!

Beautiful voice and lovely song!!!

I'm a drummer for a rock band - or was. I just retired. One more show in December as my farewell to Glas Hamr. Now I'm free to write my own music again. Well, and I can go watch my own band as a consumer for a change, and that will be a real treat! The band does all covers.

My very tiny Music page

The music credited to me in my videos was just simple creative use of Magix MusicMaker Premium. Those digital drums shown on my page are my key to playing instruments I normally cannot, like orchestral instruments other than percussion.

But I write my music starting with the melody in my head - I write and play the bass guitar line around that and add complimentary melodies on the rhythm guitar - all the while I already know what I'll play on my drums. So to record I begin with drums alone and play the entire song. Then I lay in the bass track. Then several layers of guitar and any other instruments I want to add via midi performed using my drums.

Finally my vocal tracks. I'm always singing. The folks in town all know me for that. Always happy, always singing. When I first do my vocal tracks, the only words used are purely accidental - going with the feeling. Otherwise it's all gibberish. Sometimes I prefer to leave it gibberish because that's actually the true essence of my song - using my voice(s) as yet another instrument layer that compliments and contradicts them all.

I did this one for MATCreator, but the product was never accepted by Daz 3d, unfortunately. It's a fun prop.

EDIT: I haven't heard this for some time. Yeah, I remember making my voice go as low as I could while still being legible, and it wasn't nearly low enough for what I wanted, so I pitch-shifted it down a bit. I really loved the crazy-odd result. The whisper is more like my voice - but niot my singing voice. Though I still added a bit of effects to that as well.

I named the song: Morphs of The Hole! LOL

Dartanbeck, that made me laugh!  Lol

This seems like a great product, with all the morphs etc - If one should need a hole.  I loved all the different morphs, and so I wondered whether you should perhaps think of making a normal wall and floor type scene with those morphs too?  It would probably sell well on Renderosity.

Rosie 9.  She's gorgeous.  The Rosies are very 'perky', and I kept wondering how you did the movement of the breats.  I'm Glad Sid asked. My original thought was that you perhaps used Spring Dinamics.

I was also wondering what cloting she was wearing.  I can't believe it, by I did not recognize the Car Girls top???  So after Seeing all the amazing work in this Forum, I wanted to create a simple animation with Linday hair.  The hair did VERY well ( I used one of my favourites -https://www.daz3d.com/classic-long-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females) , but the dress had an enormous dForce explosion (https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-rochelle-gown-for-genesis-8-females).  Urgh.  I have much to learn...

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,250

Here's the trick:

Do the dress first (dForce) then go the Parameters > General > Simulation > Freeze Simulation = Yes

This will keep it from simulating when you simulate something else.

Now add the hair and simulate that.

Never simulate Linday hair and clothing at the same time. There might be situations where it will work okay, but don't even try to get into that bad habit.

Most of the time, if I have more than one clothing item to simulate I do those separately as well - unless they come together in the same product or it just makes sense to allow it. But my default habit for simulating anything is to do everything separately.

Also, if the Arms or Legs are causing explosions against the body or whatever, I'll temporarily use Arms Up/Down, Legs Spread, or whatever works, and run the simulation, then reset those keyframes after the simulation is complete. For most things this works fine.

edited November 2023

I didn't mean to wake her up when I knocked at the door....

RT8BFSD_TimidAtTheDoor01a033.png
    1000 x 1000 - 789K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Here's the trick:

Do the dress first (dForce) then go the Parameters > General > Simulation > Freeze Simulation = Yes

This will keep it from simulating when you simulate something else.

Now add the hair and simulate that.

Never simulate Linday hair and clothing at the same time. There might be situations where it will work okay, but don't even try to get into that bad habit.

Most of the time, if I have more than one clothing item to simulate I do those separately as well - unless they come together in the same product or it just makes sense to allow it. But my default habit for simulating anything is to do everything separately.

Also, if the Arms or Legs are causing explosions against the body or whatever, I'll temporarily use Arms Up/Down, Legs Spread, or whatever works, and run the simulation, then reset those keyframes after the simulation is complete. For most things this works fine.

Thanx. It feels like you've given me very precious advice here so I've copy-pasted this to save with my tutorials, for later. I decided to just wait till I'm back home before I try animation and dForce again. At this point it's a bit like beating a dead horse into getting up again, lol. Just a few months left. This was three very long years away from home and comfort. Lots of spiders and creepies... Hope you are doing well:)

No worries. I'm always happy to help. If you need any, just hit me up with a PM or in My Thread Dartanbeck's Journey - CG Filmmaking

edited November 2023

If you haven't seen these yet, you really should now. This is Incredible!

These are Linday's promos for the amazing animated four-wheeler template system

What's Inside?

Car Chase Addon

The main product itself has nice presets right inside Studio to launch these wonderful instructional videos. Using these, we can use the included ready-to-roll preset cars, use the blank template which is already outfitted with Linday's excellent wheels included in the pack, as well as how to completely make an entirely customized ride using our own wheels, or wheels from an existing product!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Car Chase Scene aniMated Camera Setup

• Linday still supports Genesis 8.
    Big thumbs up yes

• I do think that is a wise move from Linday. The proportion of G9 in other stores' new items lists is not as high as one might expect from a really enthusiastically adopted figure. Subjectively I feel that it's less widely adopted than at this stage of G8 relative to G3. After over a year of G8, other stores had mostly phased out G3, but I did a quick survey of Rendo last week and G9 content was quite well under 50% of new DS figure compatible content (freebie percentages higher than paid for, actually). And one store that will remain nameless had zero G9 content on the front page of new items. I suspect the reason for the apparently slower adoption is the sheer quantity/quality of G8 stuff, some at discounts, the limited degree of benefit a user (as opposed to content generator) sees from G9, and the price uplift between G8 & G9 stuff in a time of pressure on finances. Just my opinion, not backed up by many facts, I admit. Regards, Richard.

Not to mention the fact that Genesis 9 crashes my system at some point during my animaton/simulation phase, which is one of the only reasons I haven't been giving it more attention. I wonder if part of that requires me to up the viewport resolution for the nipples to show up at all in a simulation? No idea. I was all excited to make the move. I love Unimesh Genesis 1. 

edited November 2023

Hey Linday, 

Thanks For Everything!!!

Your products are bar-none Top-Freaking-Notch!!! Amazing Quality presented in the Best Way Possible in the library. I love that you take the time to do all of this right. I wish every PA had the same sense of customer care.

The bonus materials you include with your products to help your customers get the most out of your products - knowing that we all have different workflows - is Very Welcome and Appreciated!

Sometimes I go through and watch your videos and read your tips just for entertainment - since I already know what they're going to say. Very nicely constructed materials!

I love it when content creators take their products very seriously and deliver the ultimate Daz Studio experience - and you do that Big Time from the top quality of the mesh and the ingenuity it took to come up with it, to the textures and the really well designed shader setup to make them shine, to the incredible amount of research, development and testing that must have gone into the amazing dForce presets and options... and then as if that isn't enough, toss in a wet skin and sandy skin geoshell with the long wet hair to help make those renders shine - that's something that works so well with all of your wet/dry products - so your product collectors like myself get a massive bonus to our whole collection each time we add something new. Very Nice!

Truly. I've learned so much about dForce simply from reading your included notes, suggestions and presets, and also just from using your products and looking at how they're set up. That alone has helped me immensely with every aspect of what I do now. I wasn't even working in Daz Studio at all until I saw your incredible Classic Long and Curly Hair with dForce - and what am I still using every day? Classic Long and Curly Hair with dForce! Every Day! All Day!!! Loving it!!!

From the bottom of my heart:

Thanks for introducing me to dForce, Iray and Daz Studio - I'm having the time of my life animating in a whole new way!

Thanks for creating such an excellent library for me to collect! Each new Linday I add makes me even That Much Happier to be doing all of this!

Thanks For Everything!!!

PS - I still have no clue how you got those car motions to turn out So Freaking Amazing!!! Kudos!!!