Welcome to the March 2014 Freebie Challenge: Just Like the Grownups

Comments

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Ok, forgive my ignorance, but whats with the flying pies thing?

did someone say "PIES"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been the official pie thrower around here for... well anyway a long time.
    I would be happy to let you know what we mean by flying pies

now that you have been initiated, what flavor do you like..... *as I stand there with 3 virtual pies behind my back waiting to attack*

pie_in_the_face11.gif
    490 x 377 - 9K
    pie_in_the_face11.gif
    490 x 377 - 9K
    edited December 1969

I think our contest holds the record for virtual pie fights in a forum, we had one going for 3 days I think once.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

And don't forget the famous, historic, Gavel War! :-P

Dana

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

And every once in a while...ducks!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

...as well as smacking people with fish.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

ahhh....... the gavel wars, how could I forget to mention that... gavels will hit the desk too if you step out of line too much.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    mjc1016 said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

...as well as smacking people with fish.

that sounds like fun

• archangel1802archangel1802 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i see , well around my house there's nothin better than a german shepards pie

can-stock-photo_csp9163320.jpg
    450 x 415 - 40K
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Sorry to have missed the pie fight earlier. I was at the movies.

piefight3.jpg
    1150 x 714 - 208K
    piefight2.jpg
    1279 x 708 - 254K
    piefight1.jpg
    1270 x 705 - 241K
  • nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Tony Curtis & Nattily Wood, they don't make movies like that any more. :P

edited December 1969

Sorry to have missed the pie fight earlier. I was at the movies.

The Great Race... what a great movie and the best pie fight in history in my opinion.

edited December 1969

i see , well around my house there's nothin better than a german shepards pie

yummm.... I love to eat shepards pie, I've had Irish ones, but never a German one, and I'm a good part German in my heritage.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You could have a good Welsh shepherds pie as well, made with leeks of course.

welsh_shepherds_pie,_with_leeks._.jpg
    230 x 230 - 25K
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Okay guys I got my headdress packaged up. You can find my thread here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/38382/
    and the package on sharecg here:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/75131/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Chinese-Headdress-Add-on-for-Queen-Headdress
    Hope you have fun with the headdress. I had fun making it and playing with it.

Closeup.jpg
    766 x 618 - 246K
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Dollygirl!

(For those just joining us, this is a prize that Dollygirl offered for the January Challenge. She's now making it available to everyone.)

That said...
    Less chatter, more renders - or Sadie's going to start throwing pies, just like the grownups.

NAE - not enough free items - but here's what's in the image:

[No-Count] 3D Universe Toon Girl Sadie
    http://www.daz3d.com/3d-universe-toon-girl-sadie

Good Cook Girl Sadie (one wardrobe freebie in four parts)
    http://elleque.net/content/?p=195
    http://elleque.net/content/?p=203
    http://elleque.net/content/?p=207
    http://elleque.net/content/?p=210

[Paid] Sweetly Sadie - Poses for Sadie the Toon Girl
    http://www.daz3d.com/sweetly-sadie-poses-for-sadie-the-toon-girl

[Paid] Cranberry Sauce and Pecan Pie Holiday Food Models (just the pie)
    https://poserworld.com/cranberry-sauce-and-pecan-pie-holiday-food-models

Berry Pie for P4 & P5
    http://www.freewebs.com/mapps/downloads5.htm

Pumpkin Pie
    http://www.freewebs.com/mapps/downloads8.htm

cube primitive (deformed) for the counter, plane primitives for floor and walls
    all textured with Tiles-WellingTon collection
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/33116/gallery/6/Texture/Tiles-WellingTon-collection

Sadie-pie.png
    800 x 640 - 1M
  • archangel1802archangel1802 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have a beginners freebie challenge question (as i wipe the pie from my face and get back to business)
    lets say i have a freebie with 5 parts but they came in one download package, does that count as one freebie or two?
    (for instance clothing packs or furniture set ups)

Also, how do you count custom made items, such as primitives with shaders, or other props?

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

I have a beginners freebie challenge question (as i wipe the pie from my face and get back to business)
    lets say i have a freebie with 5 parts but they came in one download package, does that count as one freebie or two?

Also, how do you count custom made items, such as primitives with shaders, or other props?

For your first question, it counts as a single Freebie.

As for your second question, Anything you make yourself that isn't available as a freebie or as a paid for item you're selling, it a No-count and doesn't count towards either your minimum freebie count nor maximum paid for item count. The motorcycle boots I used in my entry is an example of such a case.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Thank you, Dollygirl!

Your welcome Rob.

edited March 2014

For your first question, it counts as a single Freebie.

As for your second question, Anything you make yourself that isn't available as a freebie or as a paid for item you're selling, it a No-count and doesn't count towards either your minimum freebie count nor maximum paid for item count. The motorcycle boots I used in my entry is an example of such a case.
    As an example, I'll use that Not-An-Entry I posted at the bottom of page 5.

The top and pants that Sadie is wearing both came out of Good Cook Girl Pack 1. The two items count as a single freebie, since that was a single download.

The plane and cube primitives are no-count items - they aren't available on the web, but I didn't have to pay for them. The tile texture on those primitives counts as a freebie, since you can legally download it for free.

(Since somebody might be wondering: The pecan pie counts as a paid item because one has to pay to be allowed to download from Poser World. This reasoning also applies to the Platinum Club monthly free items - you have to pay to join the club, so they're paid items for the purpose of the Freebie Challenge. This doesn't apply to the DAZ3D weekly freebies.)

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Okay guys I got my headdress packaged up. You can find my thread here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/38382/
    and the package on sharecg here:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/75131/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Chinese-Headdress-Add-on-for-Queen-Headdress
    Hope you have fun with the headdress. I had fun making it and playing with it.

thank you dollygirl, that is so awesome

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

There are a lot of nice renders so far. I am going to have a hard time judging this.

edited December 1969

Well I have a prize for the top 3 winners. I will give them the dress below for G2F. I have been working on this for a short while now. I am still fairly new to making clothes but I am catching on really quick. I am making multiple morphs and etc for it. I am also going to custom sculpt fit morphs for V6, Olympia 6, Fiends and so on for a better fit. It does come with the 3 textures below.

When the winners of next months (April) challenge is announced I will release the dress to the general public as a freebie. That way the winners of March's challenge will get a chance to play with it before everyone else. (Unless the winners don't mind I release it early)

Oh I forgot to mention that I am naming it the Lower Class Vintage Dress. I had in mind a simple dress with just enough frills that someone from the poor in the Victorian era could look pretty but you would see the significant difference between the Middle & Upper Classes. It could also work for Western settings depending on the textures that is applied

promo3.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
    promo2.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
    promo1.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Well I have a prize for the top 3 winners. I will give them the dress below for G2F. I have been working on this for a short while now. I am still fairly new to making clothes but I am catching on really quick. I am making multiple morphs and etc for it. I am also going to custom sculpt fit morphs for V6, Olympia 6, Fiends and so on for a better fit. It does come with the 3 textures below.

When the winners of next months (April) challenge is announced I will release the dress to the general public as a freebie. That way the winners of March's challenge will get a chance to play with it before everyone else. (Unless the winners don't mind I release it early)

Oh I forgot to mention that I am naming it the Lower Class Vintage Dress. I had in mind a simple dress with just enough frills that someone from the poor in the Victorian era could look pretty but you would see the significant difference between the Middle & Upper Classes. It could also work for Western settings depending on the textures that is applied

Very nice!

Dana

edited December 1969

Thank you! I think you're going above and beyond the call here, volunteering to judge and creating a prize.

Folks, I'm still looking for more judges...

edited December 1969

@Robkelk & @DanaTA Thank you!

edited March 2014

No entries all week. :down:

And we were off to such a good start, too...

Okay, let's get things going again: MINI CONTEST!

Theme: Luck of the Irish - The render has to show something or somebody lucky, and somebody or something that at least looks Irish. (Interpret this however you want; be creative.)

Prize: one $15 GC, out of my own pocket.

Rules: The usual rules.

Deadline: one minute before midnight Daz Time, St. Patrick's Day (Monday).

Post edited by robkelk on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    No entries all week. :down:

And we were off to such a good start, too...

Okay, let's get things going again: MINI CONTEST!

Theme: Luck of the Irish - The render has to show something or somebody lucky, and somebody or something that at least looks Irish. (Interpret this however you want; be creative.)

Prize: one $15 GC, out of my own pocket.

Rules: The usual rules.

Deadline: one minute before midnight Daz Time, St. Patrick's Day (Monday).

You just had to add another item to my rendering To Do List didn't you? :-S

I suppose I can find some time to do my laundry while rending...maybe.

edited December 1969

Happy PI day everyone *sets out an assortment of pies for the pie fight*

pie_in_the_face11.gif
    490 x 377 - 9K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

*picks up a pie, throws it at robkelk, then runs to avoid retaliation*

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Nice. Lets see what we can do :)