Welcome to the March 2014 Freebie Challenge: Just Like the Grownups

Comments

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

is this where we post work in progress pieces, or is the thread the official submission??
    this will only be my second contest, but i like the theme of this and would love some input.
    i will have the first draft by tomorrow.

welcome archangel, the best place to start is here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/286/ these are the rules to the contest. the host may change one or two for the month but the basic rules stay the same. there is useful information in this thread. Our fearless leader music2u4u is pretty thorough in his explanation. If you still have questions then feel free to ask. Everyone here can help out if you need it. We are a fun bunch here and make sure to duck for flying pies. Can't wait to see what you have to show us in renders. Make sure to follow the rules though, we tend to stick by them.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Did someone say "Flying pies"

flying_pie.png
    300 x 250 - 34K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Here's my entry:

All Dressed Up for St. Patty's Day

Maria decides to get a St Patrick's Day family portrait taken with Marc and baby Chris dressed for the holiday. Of course, the baby's having too much fun playing with the hat.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=128689_332XwZZB4clzuid3GoSq&thumb=1&board_id=1

That's a cute one! And you managed to get St. Patrick's Day in there, too!

Dana

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Here's my entry:

All Dressed Up for St. Patty's Day

Maria decides to get a St Patrick's Day family portrait taken with Marc and baby Chris dressed for the holiday. Of course, the baby's having too much fun playing with the hat.

All figures Genesis

Freebies

Die Trying’s 182 V4 morphs for Genesis (all characters)*
    Ramwolf's Freebie Morphs for Genesis (all characters)*
    Ghastly's Generic Anime/Manga Head morph for Genesis (Chris)*
    Ultimate Shader pack: (Chrome on Marc’s cyber hand, buttons on Marc's coat, Marc's and Maria's belt buckles, rings and rivets on Marc's boots)*
    Satin shaders (Maria's blouse, lapel's on Marc's and Chris' coats, sash on Chris' hat, Marc's shirt and tie)*
    R72 SimVelvet shaders (Marc's and Chris' coats, Chris' hat)*
    R72 Leather shaders (Marc's boots and belt, Maria’s jacket, belt, skirt, and boots)*
    REC Weaponry Shaders (Marc's Boot Soles)
    Ashlan for M4 (Marc's and Chris' skin texture)*
    Genesis Jeans: (Marc's pants)*
    Genesis Pinstripe Suit (Marc's shirt and tie)*
    Anime Starfighter set (for Mistu Hair) (Maria)
    Genesis Lacy Female Underwear(Maria)*
    Rosalie Rose (Maria)*
    Yanelis#D Promo Shirt (Maria’s blouse)*
    Gift Outfit for Victoria 5/Genesis (Maria's jacket)*
    Genesis Cuffed Heeled Boots (Maria's boots)*
    Ring Development Kit (Maria's Wedding Ring)*
    Hoop Earings for #Dream's Lusitana (Maria's Earrings)*
    St Patty Outfit for Genesis (9 down) (Marc's coat, Chris' whole outfit and hat)
    Sensible Shoes for Genesis (Chris' shoes)*
    Photoshoot backdrop (Studio backdrop)*

Paid For Itens

JeanZ Skirt for Genesis (Maria's Skirt)
    Genesis Starter Bundle for Genesis Evolution morphs (All characters)
    Cyberpunk for M4 (Marc's Cyberhand)

No-Count Items
    Wildmane Hair—came with Daz Studio 4.0 (Marc, and Chris)
    Biker Boots—custom made by me, not available for distribution (Marc)

The link for Yanelis#D Promo Shirt leads to a page that says "Whoops! The item specified is invalid."

Amd I don't see Maria's earrings, even in the larger copy of the render... but you still have plenty of freebies without counting those two.

ENTRY ACCEPTED!

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited July 2015

SheZow - Your friendly neighborhood Pre-teen super hero.

This is based on a Australian TV show about a 12 year old boy named Guy Hamdon, who becomes a superhero when he puts on his late Aunt Agnes' magic ring. There's just one small (well, huge) problem- he turns into a FEMALE superhero named SheZow, much to the amusement of his (presumably) twin sister Kelly. To make matters worse, by putting on the ring he has chosen to be SheZow, and it cannot be removed. While the power ring does grant him super powers, it was only meant to be worn by a woman, so Guy must wear a female superhero costume.
    With the help of his sister, and best friend Maz, he protects the city of Megadale from super villains and criminals.

Most of the first season episodes are on Youtube. It's not clear if it will be renewed for a second season.

No count items:
    Young Teen Luke & Laura.

Guy:
    MokoHair A3
    Summer skin tex #
    Cosplay cape #
    MMWCasualforPT skirt
    Morphing Belt #
    Thigh boots a3 %%
    spikes #
    gloves # %%

Kelly:
    Aditi Hair #
    Summer skin tex
    Skirt & blouse # %%
    sweater %%
    shoes & sox # %%

Max:
    Jamie hair 4 down
    Sarina skin tex - no link.
    Shirt %%
    Luke jeans 8 down
    Sensible Shoes 2.0 - no link. %%

Tofu skin shader pak used on skin.

Room:
    Console station #
    Office chair #
    Dirty warehouse

Paid Items:
    Crossdresser3 license for Luke3
    Crossdresser3 license for Laura3

# free site registration required.
    %% Items converted with CrossDresser v.3
    Custom clothing textures made in PSP 7.
    Poses by me, with a lot of dial tweaking.

Software used:
    CrossDresser v.3
    Paint Shop Pro 7
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 2.3 No post work

shezow-a.jpg
    2000 x 1311 - 2M
    Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
    edited December 1969

This is based on a Australian TV show about a 12 year old boy named Guy Hamdon, who becomes a superhero when he puts on his late Aunt Agnes' magic ring. There's just one small (well, huge) problem- he turns into a FEMALE superhero named SheZow, much to the amusement of his (presumably) twin sister Kelly. To make matters worse, by putting on the ring he has chosen to be SheZow, and it cannot be removed. While the power ring does grant him super powers, it was only meant to be worn by a woman, so Guy must wear a female superhero costume.
    With the help of his sister, and best friend Maz, he protects the city of Megadale from super villains and criminals.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=128893_E3sW9mMcJBltKNaiZJUf&thumb=1&board_id=1

Nicely done! What a novel concept! I guess there are some fresh ideas out there.

Dana

edited December 1969

Most of the first season episodes are on Youtube. It's not clear if it will be renewed for a second season.

No count items:
    Young Teen Luke & Laura.

Guy:
    MokoHair A3
    Summer skin tex #
    Cosplay cape #
    MMWCasualforPT skirt
    Morphing Belt #
    Thigh boots a3 %%
    spikes #
    gloves # %%

Kelly:
    Aditi Hair #
    Summer skin tex
    Skirt & blouse # %%
    sweater %%
    shoes & sox # %%

Max:
    Jamie hair 4 down
    Sarina skin tex - no link.
    Shirt %%
    Luke jeans 8 down
    Sensible Shoes 2.0 - no link. %%

Tofu skin shader pak used on skin.

Room:
    Console station #
    Office chair #
    Dirty warehouse - red viper - no link.

Paid Items:
    Crossdresser3 license for Luke3
    Crossdresser3 license for Laura3

%% Items converted with CrossDresser v.3
    Custom clothing textures made in PSP 7.

Software used:
    CrossDresser v.3
    Paint Shop Pro 7
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 2.3 No post work

That sounds like an intriguing show... Must look it up, "in my copious free time".

Your link to Jamie Hair goes to AprilYSH's menu page; the direct link is http://shop.aprilsvanity.com/free-items/jamie-hair-model-textures.html

And I have two links that you lost track of:

Sensible Shoes 2.0: available by email only, see http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/36808/
    Dirty warehouse - red viper: http://redviper.spirit5.com/download/

So you have plenty of freebies. ENTRY ACCEPTED!

• archangel1802archangel1802 Posts: 0
    edited March 2014

Here is my 1st submission.

The Next Generation

FREE ITEM
    laptop, bionic rooster, http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=68748

desktop comp (3 items- mouse, keyboard, monitor)
    meusel, http://www.sharecg.com/v/74992/view/11/Poser/Computersystem

office furniture, (desk, office chair(2), wall cabinets, wall art)
    cadman56, http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=69172

casual clothing (5 pieces- pants(2), tshirt(2), open shirt)
    wilmap, open shirt, http://www.sharecg.com/v/69804/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Open-Shirt-Part-1

specks, slosh, http://www.sharecg.com/v/69673/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/freeSPEX-Glasses-for-Genesis-

floor lamp, (scaled to make desktop lamps)
    timuerto, http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=73391

Blue Sofa, wilmap, http://www.sharecg.com/v/73666/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Furniture-Set-1-Part-1

text, dark poetry, http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=65872

(most -if not all- of these items have been resized, reshaped, recolored, and regroup to fit this

scene, but all credit for original design goes to the artist listed above.)

BOUGHT ITEM
    home one house (used to make the office)
    http://www.daz3d.com/home-one-house

base figures
    genesis dad, son and millenium dragon (laptop image)
    packaged with Daz 4.6
    http://www.daz3d.com/products/daz-studio/daz-studio-what-is-daz-studio

CREATED IN DAZ4.6 WITH SOME PROP EDITING IN BLENDER 2.69

nextgene7.jpg
    936 x 586 - 352K
    Post edited by archangel1802 on
    edited December 1969

Here is my 1st submission. The Next Generation

Great concept! Vibrant colors. Did you forget to turn on shadows? They kind of prefer to see shadows in here. Although they sometimes make exceptions for those with computers that don't have enough power to handle shadows.

Dana

edited March 2014

Kikki's Delivery Service

A young witch has a small business delivering small packages & mail in a port town.
    Based on an anime of the same name.

No count items:
    Young Teen Laura & Hiro3.

Kikki:
    Koz LongHair_evo 3 down
    Laci for Laura #
    Red dress
    Pants
    Shoes from PT Suit
    Backpack - no link
    Broom #
    Shaders on back pack #

Man:
    Exp hair
    Emrys-For-Hiro #
    Still life suit #
    suit tex #
    coat tex #
    h-love boots - no link
    The fedora #

Steam coach

Buildings are part of Castle Combe by Skipper25 and are not available now as he took his page down.

Software used:
    Paint Shop Pro 7
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 2.3 No postwork

Kikki-delivery.jpg
    2000 x 1311 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Kikki's Delivery Service

A young witch has a small business delivering small packages & mail in a port town.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=129098_74W3tO513nF2JKVnKB9i&thumb=1&board_id=1

So the little witch is in business for herself? Cool one, and very vibrant.

Dana

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited March 2014

YO ALL!!!....I am late for the party I see. So many entries so soon in the month. Usually don't come in until after week 2. Many nice ones too. I want to welcome all the newbies and thank you for coming here to play. If you have any questions, just ask. Also...beware of flying pies up in here...lol. Sorry I have been away with two family members with a short hospital stay. Going back out of state Tuesday for some more with one of them.

I have submitted the February winners to Daz for their prize GCs. Thanks to them for entering.

I may make a prize this month depending on how busy I am with Real Life. I may have to resort to giving something I already have made. We will see. Thank you all for your patience. Good job so far Robkelk...great theme.

carry on.

:-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited March 2014

DanaTA said:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=128893_E3sW9mMcJBltKNaiZJUf&thumb=1&board_id=1

Nicely done! What a novel concept! I guess there are some fresh ideas out there.

Dana

...a teenage transsexual superhero....eh, wot da hell? Welcome to da Twenty-Foist century...and with that...

Sowing the Seeds of Tomorrow

1.) P3D Megan Skin Texture Only. Registration Required.

2.) Valens Hair For V4/A4 Registration Required.

3.) DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-GenesisDieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis Registration Required.

4.) Cowboy Hat for Michael 4 Registration Required.

5.) Genesis Shirt & Dungarees Registration Required.

6.) Sickle Snug Tank Genesis Registration Required.

7.) Straw Hat Registration Required.

8.) Jinglebells Hair 7th Item from Top.

9.) Sickle Skater Shoes V4A4G4SF4M4H4F4 Registration Required.

10.) Bonnie for V4.1 Skin Texture Only. Registration Required.

11.) Tractor (1950); pz3 file (removable security hoop) Registration Required.

12.) Poser Hay-Wagon Registration Required.

13.) Pedal Tractor 3DS Format. Registration Required.

14.) Shoveling Fork Under Equipment & Tools, 7th Item.

15.) Garden Hoe 3rd Row, 7th Item. 3DS Format.

16.) Haybale Prop Registration Required.

17.) Bucket 3DS Format.

18.) Lil Red Wagon Registration Required.

19.) Free 3D plants models Registration Required.

20.) Plants texture pack 02 Registration Required.

21.) Plants texture pack 01 Registration Required.

22.) Genesis Gardening Items Watering Can and Potted Plant Only. Registration Required.

23.) The-Old-Barn Registration Required.

24.) Bill's Metals For Bryce 5.5 To 7+ Registration Required.

No Count: Genesis Base Figure.

As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.6 and final render in Bryce 7. Several of the items used here were untextured or dependent on Poser shaders for colors and effects. In these cases the models were either retextured in Bryce using .jpg images or using the Metal Shaders for Bryce given in the link above.

All 3DS format items converted to .obj format for import into Studio by using PoserRay, available at PoserRay Converts Lightwave and 3DS files into easy to use .OBJ format files. Free and easy to use.

SOWING_THE_SEEDS.jpg
    858 x 561 - 470K
    Post edited by Lord Ganthor on
    edited March 2014

...a teenage transsexual superhero....eh, wot da hell? Welcome to da Twenty-Foist century...and with that...

Err... no, he's just a guy in a dress. It's a kid's show after all. :)

Although the rule 34 stuff is really whack. :P

I was gonna post a pic about rule 34, but I don't wanna get yelled at. :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Here is my 1st submission. The Next Generation

Great concept! Vibrant colors. Did you forget to turn on shadows? They kind of prefer to see shadows in here. Although they sometimes make exceptions for those with computers that don't have enough power to handle shadows.

Dana
    I'm also willing to make an exception for somebody entering teh Freebie Challenge for the first time.

archangel432, all your links check out, and you're definitely following the month's theme!

ENTRY ACCEPTED

edited December 1969

Yeah, any Rule 34 stuff would get your knuckles rapped. By chohole, if you're lucky - she only has the big club.
    edited December 1969

Err... no, he's just a guy in a dress. It's a kid's show after all. :)

Although the rule 34 stuff is really whack. :P

Hokay...a teenage crossdressin' superhero...good t'ing dis is a cartoon show an' not live action. Edder or, it'll never git air play in da states... not in my neighborhood anyways.

edited March 2014

Kikki's Delivery Service

No count items:
    Young Teen Laura & Hiro3.

Kikki:
    Koz LongHair_evo 3 down
    Laci for Laura #
    Red dress
    Pants
    Shoes from PT Suit
    Backpack - no link
    Broom #
    Shaders on back pack #

Man:
    Exp hair
    Emrys-For-Hiro #
    Still life suit #
    suit tex #
    coat tex #
    h-love boots - no link
    The fedora #

Steam coach

Buildings are part of Castle Combe by Skipper25 and are not available now as he took his page down.

Software used:
    Paint Shop Pro 7
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 2.3 No postwork

I wore out two tapes of that movie before it came out on DVD (one English dub, one original Japanese)... :) I'll overlook the lack of her signature hair ribbon, since this is "inspired by" rather than a direct copy. ;-)

All your links check out. ENTRY ACCEPTED!

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited March 2014

DanaTA said:
    Kikki's Delivery Service

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=129098_74W3tO513nF2JKVnKB9i&thumb=1&board_id=1

So the little witch is in business for herself? Cool one, and very vibrant.

DanaYes, she's living away from home for a year, developing her magical powers. Kiki's good at flying, so "delivery service" was a natural choice.

Kiki's Delivery Service is probably director Hayao Miyaziki's second-most-beloved movie, after My Neighbor Totoro. Highly recommended - you can buy a copy here.

edited March 2014

Hokay...a teenage crossdressin' superhero....

I was trolling through deviantArt looking for ideas when I stumbled on the fan art for SheZow. I thought that it was silly enough for a render.
    While looking for art to make the bodysuit, I came across a lot of rule 34 stuff. Dang, there's a lot of sick people out there. :P

As for Kikki, I wanted an excuse to use Skippers model in a render. Hopefully he will re-up his models again.
    Although I understand why he took them down, I found his phone box on a gamer model site with someone else's name on it. :P

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    robkelk said:
    There may be more prizes - I've have a couple of "maybe" replies to my requests, and other gifts are always welcome. Watch this space.

It's too soon to announce who or what, but I can say that at least one member of the KCTC is working on something... Keep watching this space.
    I'm still not at liberty to say "what" (because it isn't finished yet), but I can reveal a "who": tiggersprings is making a prize for this month.
    edited December 1969

1.) P3D Megan Skin Texture Only. Registration Required.

2.) Valens Hair For V4/A4 Registration Required.

3.) DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-GenesisDieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis Registration Required.

4.) Cowboy Hat for Michael 4 Registration Required.

5.) Genesis Shirt & Dungarees Registration Required.

6.) Sickle Snug Tank Genesis Registration Required.

7.) Straw Hat Registration Required.

8.) Jinglebells Hair 7th Item from Top.

9.) Sickle Skater Shoes V4A4G4SF4M4H4F4 Registration Required.

10.) Bonnie for V4.1 Skin Texture Only. Registration Required.

11.) Tractor (1950); pz3 file (removable security hoop) Registration Required.

12.) Poser Hay-Wagon Registration Required.

13.) Pedal Tractor 3DS Format. Registration Required.

14.) Shoveling Fork Under Equipment & Tools, 7th Item.

15.) Garden Hoe 3rd Row, 7th Item. 3DS Format.

16.) Haybale Prop Registration Required.

17.) Bucket 3DS Format.

18.) Lil Red Wagon Registration Required.

19.) Free 3D plants models Registration Required.

20.) Plants texture pack 02 Registration Required.

21.) Plants texture pack 01 Registration Required.

22.) Genesis Gardening Items Watering Can and Potted Plant Only. Registration Required.

23.) The-Old-Barn Registration Required.

24.) Bill's Metals For Bryce 5.5 To 7+ Registration Required.

No Count: Genesis Base Figure.

As always, figure set-up in DAZ Studio 4.6 and final render in Bryce 7. Several of the items used here were untextured or dependent on Poser shaders for colors and effects. In these cases the models were either retextured in Bryce using .jpg images or using the Metal Shaders for Bryce given in the link above.

All 3DS format items converted to .obj format for import into Studio by using PoserRay, available at PoserRay Converts Lightwave and 3DS files into easy to use .OBJ format files. Free and easy to use.

As usual, you're raising the bar, LG... And that's one Bad cowboy hat. ;)

The Rendo link you gave for Bonnie redirects to http://www.sharecg.com/v/23363/poser/Bonnie-For-DazV4.1-and-Morphs++ - you might want to replace that one in your list. But that's a quibble, not a problem.

ENTRY ACCEPTED!

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    The Rendo link you gave for Bonnie redirects to http://www.sharecg.com/v/23363/poser/Bonnie-For-DazV4.1-and-Morphs++ - you might want to replace that one in your list. But that's a quibble, not a problem.

That link (to one of my favorite textures) seems to jump around a bit. I may have done a cut and paste from an old entry and didn't bother to check it. At any rate, I changed the link in my original post. Thanks for pointing it out.

edited December 1969

[removed]showimage('http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=129152_Q0tPRIKjWu6z13RIs4Rb&board_id=1', '858', '561');void(0);

So cute, and right on target for the theme! Nice work, as always!

Dana

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    robkelk said:
    robkelk said:
    There may be more prizes - I've have a couple of "maybe" replies to my requests, and other gifts are always welcome. Watch this space.

It's too soon to announce who or what, but I can say that at least one member of the KCTC is working on something... Keep watching this space.

I'm still not at liberty to say "what" (because it isn't finished yet), but I can reveal a "who": tiggersprings is making a prize for this month.

Very cool!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    robkelk said:
    robkelk said:
    robkelk said:

Very cool!

DanaAnd now I can say "what".

I hope folks like 3D Universe's Dennis:Essentials, because tiggersprings' gift is an expression pack for him!

All of the Winners and Honourable Mentions will receive this gift.

3du-Dennis-Expressions--tiggersprngs.jpg
    350 x 455 - 39K
    edited March 2014

Wow - everybody's awed by the quality of tiggersprings' gift... which means it's the perfect time to toss some pies at people!

(_tosses out some "fun-size" pies, for the kids_)

• archangel1802archangel1802 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok, forgive my ignorance, but whats with the flying pies thing?

edited March 2014

We're just goofing around... (and bumping the thread - but the admins do it too, so it's okay in this thread only and if it's done creatively)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Yeah, it's basically a running joke of the freebie challenge. If you go back through the past challenges, you'll see what I mean. Pies fly when you're having fun.