G3F hair on G8, Morphs suddenly not working.

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

I've been having a problem lately useing my G3 Hair on my G8F. I'm trying to use OOT Top Model UpDo hair and it will load, and apply hair shaders but when I go to alter the styling, it doens't do anything. I've tried both loading to the character and loading it in the scene and fitting it to the character. Neither works. I also loaded it alone, added the morphs I wanted and THEN tried to fit it to the character too but it reverted back to it's "out of the box" style settings. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Are you sure they are morphs, not sliders controlling special bones? The latter will be broken by AutoFit as it replaces the current bones with projections of the new wearer's bones. Often, with hair, it's best just to parent it to the head (adjusting plaement as needed) rather than go through an AutoFit conversion.

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Thanks Richard, that seems to have worked. When I load it without the chracter selected, it loads above her head so I moved it to where it looked like it might be right and then parented it. Is that what you meant? I included a screen shot so you could see the hair files I was talking about. There are sliders when you select the hair but they don't seem to do anything when I play with them. Which is okay because the style you see is what I was looking for anyway.

Thanks for your help!

Capture.JPG
    1330 x 659 - 123K
  • I don't have that hair so I'm not sure how it works.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited January 2020

Hey, DDCreate. Here's a little tip for manually fitting a hair to the figures head that I often use: position the hair more-or-less where it looks about right, then go to the surfaces tab and select everything except the skullcap (most hairs will have one, but may call it "scalp", etc.) Now go to the opacity node and dial it to zero. Now everything except the skullcap will be gone in the viewport and you can see anywhere that the hair has not fitted properly and can make adjustments. When done, go back to the Surfaces tab and dial the opacity for the other parts of the hair back to 100%.

As for the unresponsive sliders, the only times that I have encountered that is when I have forgotten to deselect the main figure when loading a hair so that autofit is automatically applied. If I try to take a shortcut and just set autofit back to "none", the hair morphs remain disabled. I have found it necessary in such a scenario to remove the hair from the scene, then reload it, being careful to ensure the intended figure is not selected. Then the sliders should work.

Post edited by SixDs on