Problem with a dress ..

domferdomfer Posts: 15
edited February 2014 in New Users

Hi everybody !

this is my fisrt contact with DAZ, with the free version 4,6
my goal is to create a stone statue and transfer it to cinema 4D and create a monument

The transfer is very easy trough OBJ : it's perfect for me

To give a "romain look", I've bought a dress call "red carpet evenirng gown for DS"
the presentation of the clothes indicates "Your Victoria 4 or Genesis character will turn heads.." but when I use it on Genesis character it doen't fit at all ! when Genesis move, the dress stay at the same place..
I've tried the "point at" and "fit to" but it doesn't solve the problem..
something is missing ?
what does it means "for DS" ??

dom

Post edited by domfer on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

domfer said:
    Hi everybody !

this is my fisrt contact with DAZ, with the free version 4,6
    my goal is to create a stone statue and transfer it to cinema 4D and create a monument

The transfer is very easy trough OBJ : it's perfect for me

To give a "romain look", I've bought a dress call "red carpet evenirng gown for DS"
    the presentation of the clothes indicates "Your Victoria 4 or Genesis character will turn heads.." but when I use it on Genesis character it doen't fit at all ! when Genesis move, the dress stay at the same place..
    I've tried the "point at" and "fit to" but it doesn't solve the problem..
    something is missing ?
    what does it means "for DS" ??

dom

Nothing is missing ... it's "dynamic". Everything in this store: http://www.daz3d.com/optitex that is for DS [Daz Studio] requires the Dynamic Clothing Control. D/S4.x comes with a lite version if I recall correctly. It would be found the list of tabs to be launched.
    Windows > Tabs > ...

• domferdomfer Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

thank you Patience..

It means that if I'll buy the "dynamic clothing control" it would work perfectly ??

dom

• iSeeThisiSeeThis Posts: 552
    edited February 2014

Post edited by iSeeThis on
  • iSeeThisiSeeThis Posts: 552
    edited December 1969

It may help if you read my thread. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/37537/

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

dungtrin said:
    It seems everyone have a problem with Dynamic Cloth and still there is no explanation at all at the point of sale. Addict, DAZ inc. assume that we've read every line of the manual. You're not alone. Without help here there is no way to learn about that kind of clothing. I asked help desk but still silence for almost a week before I decide to ask here. We're on the same boat. If I'm not wrong, the marketers guess we wouldn't buy any Dynamic Cloth if we know how hard to use it effectively. I love DAZ much. But this make me begin to feel disgusted with it.
    the User name is not Addict just as yours is not Member. And I never assumed you read the manual but suggested you do before trying Dynamics....

I'm a Drow by the way. Addict is DAZ 3D forum user level folks, not the Users handle says the Jaderail.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Dynamic Clothing does not require the purchase of the Dynamic Clothing Control plug-in - it works fine with the plug-in included with the free base application. What you lack is the ability to directly adjust draping settings, the cloth type in effect, and the wind force generator. You can generally use clothes for any of the main female figures on one of the others by not fitting but doing an animate drape - load the clothing with nothing selected, so that it doesn't fit tot he figure, then manually pose the figure to fit inside the clothing - with luck that will be a simple matter, but if there's scaling applied you will have to remove that (dynamic clothing doesn't scale). Now open the Timeline pane and drag the frame indicator to the last frame and pose the figure - it will stick through the clothing but that's OK. Go back to the first frame by dragging the slider in the Timeline. Open the Dynamic Clothing pane and select the dress, click the Collide With button and make sure Genesis and any props you need to include are checked, click Animated, and click the Drape button.

edited December 1969

Thanks Richard !
    I'll try this and I give you my results, asap.

dom

edited February 2014

domfer said:
    thank you Patience..

It means that if I'll buy the "dynamic clothing control" it would work perfectly ??

dom

I've bought a few pieces of dynamic clothing over the years ... there is a learning curve for how to best use any particular model. Some of them IMHO take too much time to figure out and I'll re-select another 'normal' clothing item. I don't have that particular dress, it should work. What I would remind anybody who has made a purchase that doesn't work for them, [with some discount exceptions now], there is a 30-day satisfaction guarantee policy which I have always found the Store to honour "sans question". So if you can't get the dress to work, yes you could ask for a store credit and buy a "normal" dress item instead.

The manual is helpful ... and there are also some good videos tutorials about the use of dynamic clothing in D/S over on YouTube.

If one is going to use Dynamic clothing, "when it comes on sale" the full control plugin is a good investment. Just be sure to nab an updated file for it everytime D/S is updated - along with any other separately purchased plugin.

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

And oh yes, 16 pages of free goodies :-)

OptiTex Dynamic Clothes

Star Trek fans -- page 14 :-)

edited December 1969

Yes !

OK it's works !
    I have to do a little sequence to let the dress follow the leg, instead of that the calcul let the leg off the dress

thank you all it's a lot of fun to discover the principles of DAZ
    and thanks patiene for the goodies !

dom

edited December 1969

domfer said:
    Yes !

OK it's works !
    I have to do a little sequence to let the dress follow the leg, instead of that the calcul let the leg off the dress

thank you all it's a lot of fun to discover the principles of DAZ
    and thanks patiene for the goodies !

dom

Good to hear :-) Have fun.