dForce "Simulate Selected" only

marblemarble Posts: 7,449
edited December 2019 in Product Suggestions

Right now, dForce will, by default, simulate everything in the scene which is dForce enabled. We have to specifically go through the scene and freeze other clothing and/or make items invisible to simulation. I am suggesting a toogle for the default so that we can select a single garment to simulate rather than disabling every other garment/cloth in the scene.

There is already a "Clear Selected" option (though you have to look hard to find it) so why not a "Simulate Selected" option?

Post edited by marble on

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Sounds like a great idea. I wonder why it has not already been implemented.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Yeh, I like that idea.

Was trying to simulate just a surface earlier. That doesn't work either as freeze and visible in render dont combine usefully. Freezing a surface would be great.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited January 2020

Well whaddya know ... my wish has been granted - plus some other useful options (thank you DAZ). See the latest 4.12 Beta highlights:

Simulation - dForce

• Added a "Simulate Selected" action
      • Performs a custom simulation with only the selected nodes (per their respective settings) considered
        • Select ALL nodes in the scene that you want to participate in the simulation, including any nodes that provide wind and/or serve as collision targets
      • Available from the Simulation Settings pane option menu
      • Underlying functionality of this action is not new (possible since 4.10 - see script smaple here), what is new is the convienence of a predefined action
    Post edited by marble on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

nice!

It works but take care to select the clothing item(s) and the collision item(s) - for example, the dress and the G8F figure - when using the new "Simulate Selected" option.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649

@marble I only see a simulate button in the Simulate Settings Tab. No "simulate selected" option. Could you please post a screenshot just to be sure that I'm looking in the right place ?

@marble I only see a simulate button in the Simulate Settings Tab. No "simulate selected" option. Could you please post a screenshot just to be sure that I'm looking in the right place ?

Just right-click on the Simulate Settings tab. That brings up a menu and you should see "Simulate Selected" as one of the options.

• Crista09Crista09 Posts: 5

Great idea!