Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2020 (CLOSED)

Comments

• 0996ps0996ps Posts: 182
    edited June 2020

The old dog is not very pleased with the newest family member. I am super late and super lazy but I managed it. It was too hard to think of something and this is a quick render.

New family member.png
    1440 x 1440 - 3M
    Post edited by 0996ps on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

@Zatetic Can't blame the fairy for being curious here. I would also want a closer look if I saw that on the beach. smiley

@TristanQEverett You really nailed that dog's expression! And I see you managed to sneak in the chicken too. smiley

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

very nice and very well done to Zatetic and TristanQEverett.

• 0996ps0996ps Posts: 182
    edited June 2020
    isidorn said:

@Zatetic Can't blame the fairy for being curious here. I would also want a closer look if I saw that on the beach. smiley

@TristanQEverett You really nailed that dog's expression! And I see you managed to sneak in the chicken too. smiley

Thanks but I don't have any dog product. Those dogs are static objects and I had to improvise the scene around his expressions. Since I didn't had much time, I couldn't improve the shader surface on dogs. This render can be done better. I will do it as a side activity some other day when I am free.

Thank you!

Post edited by 0996ps on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,355
    isidorn said:

Thanks but I don't have any dog product. Those dogs are static objects and I had to improvise the scene around his expressions. Since I didn't had much time, I couldn't improve the shader surface on dogs. This render can be done better. I will do it as a side activity some other day when I am free.

Thank you!

Man, I was going to ask where you got that Bassett hound morph. 

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,089

Perfect to end our month TristanQEverett  ... Thanks.  Been there (but with cats)... lol.  So nice to see what can be done with static products... Looks good to me!  Thanks for sharing.  See ya next month!  Oh wait.. It's heeeeeeeeeeere!!!  lol

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Thanks for the kind remarks!  For the coral, I had a coral-like fractal I made in a free fractal generating program (IncendiaNext) and I converted it into an obj file that I then imported into Daz. I can share the file if anyone is interested in it.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 526

One of the reasons I enjoy participating in this thread is getting to see all the wonderfully creative ways different people interpret the same theme. Great 'Old and New' renders everyone!

Before enjoying the afterlife a deceased ancient egyptian had to be judged; life hangs in the balance...

The Judgement of the Dead and the Fate of the Unjustified.

The spell on the heart scarab said,

O my heart which I had from my mother,

O my heart which I had upon earth,

Do not rise up against me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;

Do not speak against me concerning what I have done,

Do not bring up against me anything I have done in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West, Osiris,”

but it had not worked. Instead of balancing with Ma’at the scale had plunged heavily to the floor. Dropping the scarab the unjustified sank to his knees, screaming in anguish.

The 42 coffined Judges of the Dead had heard him lie his way through the entire negative confession, “Unjustified,” was their unanimous verdict, which was dutifully recorded by the diligent god of scribes, Thoth, eternally present in the form of a carving on the wall.

Watched impassively by Horus, standing in for his father Osiris, the goddess Ma’at turned away from the unjustified and pointed towards Ammit the Devourer, covering her nose to protect against the heart’s stench of decay, corruption and evil. As the Guardian of the Scales stepped forward to prevent interference, Anubis, holding his breath, reached for the heart so he could toss it to Ammit.

(rendered in 3Delight)

Wonderful render nattaruk and a great story to go with it.

edited June 2020

OK, with a theme like this you had to know they would be coming out to play.

Jaywalking Living Dead

I don't care about your dead parts, your living parts are getting a ticket.

JayWalking Living Dead.jpg
    1536 x 1344 - 370K
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on

Why not just “Jaywalking Dead”?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@nattaruk, Wow! So much detail. And quite the story to go with it. Love it!

@deeleelaw57, You made me smile. Again.
    laugh yes

Thanks for looking Gordig. the theme is 'living and dead' besides the only dead don't walk they just lay there.

Thank you L'Adair, making people smile is my goal and with so many wearing mask these days a good smile is hard to find. 

Thanks for looking Gordig. the theme is 'living and dead' besides the only dead don't walk they just lay there.

Yeah, but...The Walking Dead?

edited June 2020
    Zatetic said:

Thanks for the kind remarks!  For the coral, I had a coral-like fractal I made in a free fractal generating program (IncendiaNext) and I converted it into an obj file that I then imported into Daz. I can share the file if anyone is interested in it.

Oh I looooooooooove Fractals... I'll have to check that program.  Thanks for the intel ;)

note... I can't find a download anymore... I think the program is gone :(  bummer

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    nattaruk said:

One of the reasons I enjoy participating in this thread is getting to see all the wonderfully creative ways different people interpret the same theme. Great 'Old and New' renders everyone!

Before enjoying the afterlife a deceased ancient egyptian had to be judged; life hangs in the balance...

The Judgement of the Dead and the Fate of the Unjustified.

The spell on the heart scarab said,

O my heart which I had from my mother,

O my heart which I had upon earth,

Do not rise up against me as a witness in the presence of the Lord of Things;

Do not speak against me concerning what I have done,

Do not bring up against me anything I have done in the presence of the Great God, Lord of the West, Osiris,”

but it had not worked. Instead of balancing with Ma’at the scale had plunged heavily to the floor. Dropping the scarab the unjustified sank to his knees, screaming in anguish.

The 42 coffined Judges of the Dead had heard him lie his way through the entire negative confession, “Unjustified,” was their unanimous verdict, which was dutifully recorded by the diligent god of scribes, Thoth, eternally present in the form of a carving on the wall.

Watched impassively by Horus, standing in for his father Osiris, the goddess Ma’at turned away from the unjustified and pointed towards Ammit the Devourer, covering her nose to protect against the heart’s stench of decay, corruption and evil. As the Guardian of the Scales stepped forward to prevent interference, Anubis, holding his breath, reached for the heart so he could toss it to Ammit.

(rendered in 3Delight)

Oh nattaruk  .. I'm a huuuuuuuuuge Egyptian fan... Have you been watching "Kingdom of the Mummies" on National Geographic?  Sooo interesting.  Thanks for posting a great piece of artwork!

OK, with a theme like this you had to know they would be coming out to play.

Jaywalking Living Dead

I don't care about your dead parts, your living parts are getting a ticket.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Dee... That's telling him!  You go girl!  LOL... Thanks for helping start the month off right.  (with zombies... of course)  lol

Zatetic said:

Oh I looooooooooove Fractals... I'll have to check that program.  Thanks for the intel ;)

note... I can't find a download anymore... I think the program is gone :(  bummer

www.Incendia.net is the correct link. I think the server issue will be a temporary thing as I was just on the site a couple of days ago. Aexion is the perosn to contact on DeviantArt.

Zatetic said:
    Zatetic said:

www.Incendia.net is the correct link. I think the server issue will be a temporary thing as I was just on the site a couple of days ago. Aexion is the perosn to contact on DeviantArt.

ok... found Aexion... I'll wait a few days and see if the download works... So far I keep getting error message.  Thanks :)

the theme is 'living and dead' besides the only dead don't walk they just lay there.

Reminds me of an old joke:

What does a lier do when they're dead?

Lie still

I'll show myself out nowcheeky

Oh! And great start to the month nattaruk and deeleelaw!

Thanks isidorn and the joke is just as good today as when my great grandfather told it to me.

Surprise!

I've got my render done!

New Day Dawning

New Day Dawning, by L'Adair

Very nice artwork, love the lighting but you almost scared me senseless. I thought I missed the month of June until I checked the calendar and found it was only the 6th.

Very nice artwork, love the lighting but you almost scared me senseless. I thought I missed the month of June until I checked the calendar and found it was only the 6th.

laugh

Not to quote myself, but... 

isidorn said:

And be careful. Before you know it you'll starting posting a month in advance! wink

You're almost there now L'Adair! cheeky

Lovely render. Nature has a remarkable way of springing life into places where there is none. This is a nice reminder of that.

• Sisyphus1977Sisyphus1977 Posts: 306
    edited June 2020

Here is my go at this.  This one is quite solemn and poignant, but it fits the theme of the month.

Memorial Scene Cropped.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 5M
    Post edited by Sisyphus1977 on

A tribute to a sad event, well done Sisyphus1977

edited June 2020

Angel of justice and angel of compassion mourn yet another loss.

This image is dedicated to my nieces and my grandnephew.

Post edited by Chohole on

A grand dedication it is Zatetic very well done.

L'Adair said:

Surprise!

I've got my render done!

New Day Dawning

Wonderful (as always L'Adair)... Your lighting is spectacular!  I'm jealous.  lol.  Thanks for sharing!