Dforce issues

Ever since I updated to 4.12 dforce seems to be broken when it comes to floors and objects. Dress's go through it when G8 is standing and laying, the clothing also falls through objects. I've tried adding Static Surrface to the floor or object and the clothing still falls through. I dont know how to fix it.

broken.png
1044 x 724 - 253K

Comments

• How many divisions does the ground have?

• I don't know how to find that out. What I was trying to use the floor tiles from DM's virtigo, which worked to previous studio versions, but isn't working now. 

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Just to be that guy...

It's marked as visible in the simulation, right?

• all 5 of the visible options are on

• Could I be having an issue with Collision? and if so, how would I fix that?

• I have found the issue! My Collisions mode was set to Best and Dforce only seems to work when tis swtiched to Good: Swept Vertex. I don't know why this was an issue.

fixed.png
    414 x 268 - 20K
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,894

Try lifting G8F up a bit before simulation. I have just run a few tests and if any of the dress i tried is under the plane at the start of the simulation it will continue to simulate as if the plane isn't there. With even a tiny bit of clearance above the plane it collides correctly.

• I used a dress by Lully that has the skirt spread and hovers about the floor. if Dforce is set on anything other than Good it falls through the floor. Which, I guess, I never really messed with the settings before so I never really looked to see what my settings were at on my pervious version.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,894
    edited December 2019

There is definitely something else going on though. I have that dress, hadn't installed it yet so I just did and ran a test. Loaded G8F, added the dress, put a primitive plane on the floor and ran the simulation with the standard 'Better Continuous' and had no problem. The only difference between your simulation and mine seems to be the plane used I think.

Edit - there is a ground plane included in the product, I just tried with that and again it simulated correctly.

2019-12-30.png
    1231 x 1001 - 391K
    Post edited by Haruchai on
  • As far as it seems it may be fixed. But I'm gonna keep testing it.