BVH bone mapping profiles

When you import a BVH and set up the mapping between the BVH bones and the figure bones, you're given the opportunity to save that information for later retrieval. Where does that get saved? I'd like to review what I set up outside Daz Studio, just out of paranoia...

Comments

• I myself would like to know why it doesn't save what I want, I need to redo it manually every time ticking all the bones in spite of trying to save it on Genesis 3 and 8 for iClone BVH imports

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2019

I am told ...umm      it may boil down to an issue of permissions, as the registry is subject to the same permissions problems that folders and files are

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Rob is aware that storing in the registry is not ideal, and is looking at alternatives (and at ways to preserve existing set-ups if the storage emthod does change in a later build). As well as permissions, as Chohole  noted, it's also possible that an over-zealous registry cleaner or security software may block the saving of or remove the values from the registry.

• rames44rames44 Posts: 329

.... from which I should deduce that the answer to my original question is "in the registry on Windows?" How about on the Mac?

• rames44 said:

.... from which I should deduce that the answer to my original question is "in the registry on Windows?" How about on the Mac?

I can't recall the exact path, but I think it's in the root of your user folder/Application Support/ some folder, as a set of plist files.