How to Combine Face Transfers

How do I combine Face Transfer morph files for multiple characters into one character? I have 3 character versions from different photos, and I want to put them all on one character & adjust dials until I'm happy with the results. I tried Transfer, but it ran forever & just hung up. Export/Import Morph did't work either. Obviously I'm doing something wrong...

Comments

• kfox65 said:

How do I combine Face Transfer morph files for multiple characters into one character? I have 3 character versions from different photos, and I want to put them all on one character & adjust dials until I'm happy with the results. I tried Transfer, but it ran forever & just hung up. Export/Import Morph did't work either. Obviously I'm doing something wrong...

For yourself, apply all the Face Transfer morph values, plus any additional morphs that you want to make your character, I would suggest having the character without clothing, hair or fancy shaders being used. Send it over the bridge to Hexagon. Back in D/S zero your figure [no morphs applied], then from Hexagon send the morphed figure back over the bridge to D/S. [make sure you have the advanced bridge setting for Hexagon in D/S]

In D/S make the morph, "reverse deformations" - yes to adding a controller and there was another setting I usually say yes to as well. Give your new morph an unique name! When ready click Accept. Then it should appear over on the Parameters Tab, possibly under Morphs/Morph Loader. You can leave it there for now. Dial it up and see if you like the result. If yes, then zero the morph and Save it as a support file, morph asset. Put ONE check mark ONLY in the one box which is for your new morph. And you're done.

Now it is possible, esp. if the morphs include big changes to want to adjust the rigging to shape, it is possible to move the location of the morph over to Actors, People, etc. However the entire process goes beyond a single post ;-)