Contest~~ Winners Announced! Because I Said So! ~~ Dec 2019 / Jan 2020 OOPS!

13»

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659

Voted. Thanks, Novica. Fun contest!

(Maybe you could add the word "voting" on the thread title. I just happened to be browsing the thread and saw it was opened.)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    luci45 said:

Voted. Thanks, Novica. Fun contest!

(Maybe you could add the word "voting" on the thread title. I just happened to be browsing the thread and saw it was opened.)

I added VOTING NOW to the entries thread. :) 

Reminder, voting ends in about 40 minutes!  If you are a participant, you must vote to be eligible for a gift card prize. You can not vote for yourself. 

Voting closed at Daz Midnight time. The winner won by ONE point, second place is TIED so will take second and third places. 

My external mouse froze up for some reason and I'm having to use the touchpad, which I never use. I just typed up all the results and accidentally touched something and poof went all the results. Just can't copy/paste and go between windows with this stupid touchpad, so will post the results tomorrow afternoon after I go buy a mouse.

All participants voted and were eligible :)  

Winners are posted!  (Second post of the thread.)  Some places were determined by ONE VOTE difference, and all entries received votes. There was some close jockeying for the first three places, and between fourth and fifth. An honorable mention was also awarded as the points were so close. Thanks for participating and voting, see ya next time around! 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

congratulations

I've sent out all my gift cards, please check your private messages. 

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

Congrats

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659

Congrats to other winners and everyone. The entries were great!

Thank you, Novica!

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Awesom renders everyone.  Some of them had me laughing hard.  A couple comments about the winning renders:

"An Artful Dodge" - could be a scene out of a comedy, well done!
    "A Heist Gone Very Wrong" - Beautiful render
    "The Worst Tarzan" - Are we sure that's not "George Of The Jungle" - for those who remember the show, lol
    "Welcome To The Fun House Piggies" - wicked, just wicked 
    "Mr. Fluffypaws" - love love love her expression
    "The Space Invader" - little siblings... heh heh
    "You Keep It" - too many of us have been there, great idea and render

@RGcincy - please check your private messages

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Thanks Novica and the sponsors for the competition and prizes, and thanks to to everyone who participated!

That was fun (and profitable)!

@Worlds_Edge the actor in the 'Tarzan" image went on to become 'George of the Jungle' as you guessed laugh (I loved the movie version with Brendan Frazer).

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

That was unexpected, thanks to all who posted and voted. Amazingly close vote.

Special thanks to Novica, not only for her clever non-entry render, but for creating the contest and making it easy to be creative with all the statements she provided. Special thanks to Worlds_Edge too for being a sponsor.

I always get a kick out of how different everyone's entries turn out. Lots of creativity in Daz land.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

Thank you Novica for creating, sponsoring and running the contest, I know it must take an huge amount of time to organise. Thank you too to Worlds_Edge for the sponsorship :)

The best part of Novica's competitions is seeing all the fantastic creativity smiley 

• LaPartitaLaPartita Posts: 401

Wow, thanks! I'm honored. And credit for that expression really should go to my five year old niece - I just borrowed it for my render.

Novica, as always, I stand in awe of your generosity towards the Daz community. I can only imagine how much time and effort you put in to everything you do around here - it's really, deeply appreciated. Thanks for dreaming up and running such a fun contest, and thank you as well to Worlds_Edge for helping to sponsor it!!

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Congratulations to all the winners! And again a big thanks to all participants for the chuckles and laughs your renders offered, and of course thanks to Novica for running the show. I'm looking forward to the next one (and I'll make sure to not miss the deadline!)

• Congratulations to the winners and everyone who participated! Thank you Novica and Worlds Edge.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited January 2020

This was definitely an entertaining contest - lots of chuckles looking at each entry.

Congratulations to the winners.

And as grandad says, "it's the quality of the cement that you mix with the sand that's important" "it's the taking part that counts"

...not forgetting a chorus of pantomime "hissss"/"boooo" to everybody who voted for the big bad wolf... but thank you very much ! laugh
    (I do believe that the piggies outsmarted Mr B.B.Woolf - think roadrunner / Wile E Coyote.But that's another render...)

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on