Contest~~ Winners Announced! Because I Said So! ~~ Dec 2019 / Jan 2020 OOPS!

Comments

• cismiccismic Posts: 629
    Novica said:

Talk about OOPS  (Lol)   @nonesuch00  you put your comment on the Entries Only thread, thanks for the compliment though!  :)   Can you remove it? 
    @cismic   You need a minimum of 3 products, if you used a lightset just list that one too and you'll be good to go!  Love the zombies and the phone craze!

@novica. Oops!  I forgot my lights. I use ultra genesis studio lights the most out all my lights https://www.daz3d.com/ultra-genesis-studio-vol-1-iray-box-lights

Post updated on submission thread.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    Chohole said:

It is not deleted, it is moved to somewhere else

Thanks. Forum SW should be updated, even FB lets folks delete their comments.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Chohole said:

Why.  This is not Social Media,  it is a set of forums on a privately owned site. Forum has been in use since 2003 and members have never had to ability to delete their own posts. As I said Moderators do not delete posts.  we just move them out of public sight. (except for spam, that goes on the bonfire)

Chohole said:
    Chohole said:

Why.  This is not Social Media,  it is a set of forums on a privately owned site. Forum has been in use since 2003 and members have never had to ability to delete their own posts. As I said Moderators do not delete posts.  we just move them out of public sight. (except for spam, that goes on the bonfire)

Good housekeeping. Forums and BBs are among the 1st social media. A rose by any other name is still the same. Anyway, to make the forum more easily useful to the general forum user. Not that I'm going to worry when the forum SW isn't changed to allow us to delete posts. Thanks though.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@xmasrose  Oh my gosh, glad I am not HIM!  Love that camera angle, it really got the depth of the height!  

@chohole  Thanks for moving it :)  Appreciate it.

@mollytabby   Well, at least someone was having FUN!  That story is spot-on. Adorable!

@mollytabby   Is that a Kibaretto spacecraft by the toddler's foot? The red one? 

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

Yes, it's the Stinger @Novica. However, I got it ages ago as part of the Anime Star Fighter bundle. The bundle is $4.87 and to buy the Stinger alone it costs $11.87. 

I put whatever space-type craft I had in my runtime into the render and then had to use Scene Optimiser because my poor old computer was struggling, lol.

@xmasrose    Poor Edward!  Love the subtle depth of field in the bottom left corner too! 

• @Novica  I did it in postblush. I had a lot of fun making these stories and regret not being able to get to it before (and making more)!

Thank you so much for this contest.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited January 2020

The prequel to my entry.

Easy Peasy  Greg said it was a piece of cake to get the Frisbee off the roof. The others were not so sure. But success looked imminent!

Novica contest stackup.png
    1000 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by RGcincy on

Everyone- I suggested to Rich to put the first render in the discussion thread, as the renders were very similar. 

@LaPartita   I laughed out loud!  Glad you made it into the contest in time. 

There's about an hour and a half before Daz Midnight (1pm Central, my time.)  Deadline strictly enforced, to be fair to those who entered on time.

The voting thread is open and can be found HERE.  To be eligible for gift card prizes, each participant MUST VOTE for 1st- 5th places. Participants may not vote for themselves. All forum members are encouraged to vote. You will pick 5 renders which reflect the spirit of the Oops theme and the statements that were chosen.

Voting will last a week and end Daz Midnight, January 27th. Good luck to all the contestants. 

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

My votes are in, and good luck to everyone!

Plus a big THANKS to Novica and sponsors for holding this competition smiley

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Voted!  Great entries and good luck everyone!!

Thank you to all the sponsors and Novica!

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited January 2020

Voted. Good luck to all entrants !

Novica - by the way, what does OOPS actually stand for in the context of this contest ?

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

Voted! Good luck everyone!

Thank you to Novica and the sponsors for the competition smiley

Voted. Good luck to all entrants !

Novica - by the way, what does OOPS actually stand for in the context of this contest ?

As an acronym? Hmmm. We could come up with something, I'm sure :)   Overview Of Personal Screwups  perhaps?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142
    edited January 2020

Sorry I didn't have the chance to participate (time and RL) but at least I voted. Some really fun entries again this year. (By the way I loved your "not-an-entry" @Novica - if it were eligible I would have picked that in my top five for sure!)

[Edit to fix typo's]

Post edited by MelanieL on

@melaniel   Thanks so much for voting!  It isn't the optimal time of year to do a contest honestly, because the holidays and new year can be quite hectic. People voting are a really important aspect of this so really appreciate you doing that. :) 

• Voted!

Great entries, tough choice! Can we put our images in the Daz gallery or should we wait until the end of the contest?

You can post the images as soon as you put them in the Entries thread :)  So go ahead! 

voted

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

Voted. Great renders. :-)

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Here's a real oops. I, for some reason, thought entries could be submitted until the last of the month so now I missed out on this one. That's what I get for procrastinating. I'll have to do a better job at reading (and memorizing) the first post next time. But at least I've participated by voting now.

Thanks to everyone who participated, for the laughs and chuckles your entries offered! laugh

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

voted at least, it seems I am like @Isdorn on thinking thios was untill the end of the month!!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

voted - hard choices to make - well done everyone!

edited January 2020

voted at least, it seems I am like @Isdorn on thinking thios was untill the end of the month!!

Thanks, that means a lot!
    Let me just say the voting is very close at this point, with several entries vying for first place, and several for second place!  (I always vote first thing so I'm not a deciding factor btw.)  So ask your forum friends to vote please! (Some don't visit the Art Studio thread very often.) 

Post edited by Novica on