i can find the textures but not the clothing?

AristocAristoc Posts: 254
edited February 2014 in New Users

I unzipped the baby doll outfit with the textures and then manually copied that into daz 4.6 my daz 3d library.
i finally found the textures
but i can not find the clothing item at all to load onto V4. I can not find the tops or bottom anywhere in smart content or content library.
can I have some assistance with this?
thank you

it's the babydoll outfit for V4

http://www.sharecg.com/v/63889/related/21/DAZ-Studio/Babydoll-Outfit-for-V4?interstitial_displayed=Yes

pusey.JPG
1083 x 749 - 92K
Post edited by Aristoc on

Comments

• AristocAristoc Posts: 254
    edited December 1969

no Im sorry i did finally find the tops and bottoms. in a very weird different place. seems unorganized.

but thank you.

still need to find the morphs to help the fit thought.

thanks again.

Capturepu.JPG
    1081 x 738 - 85K
  • mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

This looks to be organized in an old way. Wilmap should have included a Readme txt file in the zip file that explained where to find the product.

A V4/M4 clothing items is usually under Poser Formats -> -> Figures. For products in the DAZ store, if the description says something like: "There is no longer a separate DAZ Studio installer for these Presets. DAZ Studio will automatically apply the DAZ Studio version of the Material Presets from the Poser libraries, giving you the correct DAZ Studio look." This means that the DAZ materials and the poser materials are in the same directory, usually under Poser Formats -> -> Pose. You should see a little yellow script icon in the upper left corner of the texture presets when you find them.

Prior to adopting this method of packaging poser and DS materials, the DS materials for a product were put under the DAZ Formats some where and the actual clothing was under Poser Formats -> Figures. There are few old items in the DAZ store that are still packaged this way.

Wilamp just seems to be using that old organization in this freebie.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

One thing I do if I just can't find a new product, is to open up the zip and just look at the folder structure. Then you can at least get an idea of where you should be looking once you get into Daz Studio.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

That item was made over 2 years ago when I was first learning to make clothing. As it was in Poser format with Daz textures I was told to pack it up like that!

Sorry you had problems finding things.

• AristocAristoc Posts: 254
    edited December 1969

not to worry.