Alembic export of seperate parts/nodes

I have been using iClone to export my Daz animations in alembic file to Keyshot. I would like to ease my workflow and buy the Alembic Exporter for DAZ Studio. However, from what I can gather there is no way to export characters in separate parts/nodes?

With iClone the character's arms, eye, eye moisture, torso, etc imports to Keyshot with different alembic nodes/parts. Meaning I can individually texturize and choose materials for each part. Is this possible with the Alembic Exporter for DAZ Studio?

Thanks!

Comments

• The Alembic Exporter preserves surface groups, which I think is what you mean - those are surface names you cite as examples.

• they all should load in place, they do in Octane standalone, am just playing with it now

• am sorry I changed viewport  tesselation of my dforce hair to 2 though

it didn't export at 1

now my PC is frozen, no longer communicating with the mouse and keyboard I cannot even delete it

angry

• thoithoi Posts: 8

Thank you for replying, however, I checked with a friend of mine and he tells me no matter what he chooses in setting for Alembic export in Daz it imports to Keyshot with 2 shapes. The whole body in one part and the eyelashes in another. With iClone every part of the body has its own Alembic node/part. 

• thoi said:

Thank you for replying, however, I checked with a friend of mine and he tells me no matter what he chooses in setting for Alembic export in Daz it imports to Keyshot with 2 shapes. The whole body in one part and the eyelashes in another. With iClone every part of the body has its own Alembic node/part. 

That sounds as if the surfaces are being split into groups along the way. Surely Keyshot has an option for selecting surface (material) groups?

• yeah Keyshot I would have no idea, I only use it with Octane, oddly I had that exact issue with my iClone6 abc files.