The Morphs That Refuse To Die... *SOLVED*

pfunkyfizepfunkyfize Posts: 475

So I've been removing the messed up morphs i made in the parameters tab in edit mode and when I am done deleting the properties, I save the scene and exit DAZ to get dinner.

I come back from dinner and reopen DAZ and the scene file i was working on and I see the morphs back in the parameter tab that I deleted before dinner. I delete them again, save the file and reopen it to see if i somehow forgot to  to save the file before I left for dinner.. Nope, the morphs returned to the parameter tab. Huh???

This time after deleting the morph controllers in the parameter tab, i went to the data folder the morphs were stored in and deleted the morphs there.

Saved the file and exited.

I reopen the file and the morphs reappeared in my parameter tab, and they still work...

How do I kill these zombie resurrecting morphs?

I will open the base charcter G3F and see if the morphs are still stuck on her. Why can't cards to the sliders be like this?

lol

Post edited by pfunkyfize on

Comments

• This is a horror movie in the making,

I loaded the Base G3F character in to DAZ in a fresh clean scene and the morphs of my new character showed up.

When i work on new products for my store, I have a separate content library that is segregated from the main one. This discrete content library is my development area and none of that gets promoted to production until it passes QA over at the 'The Site that will not be named here' then I move it into my own production Content Library.

How is it that multiple attempts to kill the morphs I created in my development area have failed to remove them from the parameter tab from a regular G3F?

Thanks!

• This is a horror movie or a James Bond flick in the making,

I loaded the Base G3F character in to DAZ in a fresh clean scene and the morphs of my new character showed up.

When i work on new products for my store, I have a separate content library that is segregated from the main one. This discrete content library is my development area and none of that gets promoted to production until it passes QA over at the 'The Site that will not be named here' then I move it into my own production Content Library.

How is it that multiple attempts to kill the morphs I created in my development area have failed to remove them from the parameter tab from a regular G3F?

Thanks!

• And now the forum gremlin is hounding my activity by adding weird quoted posts...

• So I've been removing the messed up morphs i made in the parameters tab in edit mode and when I am done deleting the properties, I save the scene and exit DAZ to get dinner.

I come back from dinner and reopen DAZ and the scene file i was working on and I see the morphs back in the parameter tab that I deleted before dinner. I delete them again, save the file and reopen it to see if i somehow forgot to  to save the file before I left for dinner.. Nope, the morphs returned to the parameter tab. Huh???

This time after deleting the morph controllers in the parameter tab, i went to the data folder the morphs were stored in and deleted the morphs there.

Saved the file and exited.

I reopen the file and the morphs reappeared in my parameter tab, and they still work...

How do I kill these zombie resurrecting morphs?

I will open the base charcter G3F and see if the morphs are still stuck on her. Why can't cards to the sliders be like this?

lol

You were at some point making morphs and saving scene files?

You close D/S and manually get to comb through the data folders looking for all the partials of whatever it is you want to get rid of and manually delete them. Delete all scenes that had any of these partial morph works in them.

Morphs normally are autosaved to the data folders for the concerned figure. Hopefully you kept them in folders with your name on them so that they are easier to locate.

Every time a morph is resaved, if not to the EXACT location as the first save was made, there would be two or more folders holding that morph. D/S will only display one morph for any morphs bearing the same name. Each morph must have its own unique name. Any resaves must be to exactly the same folders as before, or, manually deleted from the data folders.

• Yep!

There is only one place I saved my morph assets to (which I nuked)  but I have saved multiple/different scene files with those morphs in it.

So let me get this straight, if a character that gets loaded to a scene does not find a morph in the data directory, it seacrhes all the scene files I have made/saved for a reference to its own morph name and loads that instance?

If that's the case, I will just go back to the last week of scene files I have made and delete them. Wow that's weird... This is like that Denzel Washington movie 'Fallen'

•  

Every time a morph is resaved, if not to the EXACT location as the first save was made, there would be two or more folders holding that morph. D/S will only display one morph for any morphs bearing the same name. Each morph must have its own unique name. Any resaves must be to exactly the same folders as before, or, manually deleted from the data folders.

That is correct, I am a stickler about saving the same morph in the same place everytime, I have a development content library that is separated from the main content library. My production library never sees anything I develop unless it passes QA from a second party. So all my morphs are in one place in my author directory under /data. I deleted those morphs previously but now going through the last week of scene files and deleting them manually also

• Ok deleted 3 scene files while DAZ was closed. I reopened DAZ, loaded G3F and the morphs are gone.

Thanks for the idea Catherine!

• Uh oh, turns out I still have to find more scene files to delete. The morphs reappeared....

• finished deleting every scene file that used the morphs. The morphs are still there.

That is absolutely scary.

I destroyed the entire development Content Library and removed the top level directories and its subdirectories /People, /data where all the work of this developmental character had existed and somehow the base G3F character still carries the morphs.

When I saved the morph support assets I only saved them to that developmental Content library - which is now totally destroyed.

I just did an explorer search for the morph file name and none could be found.

How does G3F even remember these morphs after supposed destruction of the morph files?

• *SOLVED*

Apparently I forgot to close DAZ Studio on this last go round on file deltions. I closed DAZ and restarted and the rather destructive DOS commands I used to delete files with the morph names worked and removed every instance of the morph names.

I am whole again.

Thanks!

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

You aren't the only one. I have had this problem. I gave up. I don't know if it's connected to your problem but I'd saved the file with a default loading other than 0 (btw, Demon head also always loaded because it's settings were wrong though it's load value was 0, its other values were wrong). So, every time I loaded the G8M that morph was loaded in the current morphs. I haven't deleted it as it wasn't a bad morph it just annoyed me that it was always loaded. That was my fault for changing the default load value, though I don't remember doing that. :)