gpu fallback??

i am on daz 4.12.0.86 with nvidia driver 441.20 on a 2080 ti rtx gpu card...

i am currently experiencing gpu fall back issue of readily reverting to cpu even when the VRam is only partially used.

...i have seen some talk online but not clear as to what is the culrpit.

its even leaving the memory full and running with a daz studio programme in task manager even after exiting the daz programme itself .

so its defintely a bug somewhere.

just wondering if there is a definitive fix to this issue and if any of you guys can please help me out here??

many thanks...

Comments

• currently updating to latest game driver although i think this might be a waste of time...

• andy vronandy vron Posts: 56
    edited December 2019

nope that didnt fix it..

the crazy thing is that if i just select iray in the viewport then it uses the gpu no problem ....but if i do the same scene say at only 300x300 pixles as a render then it goes nuts with cpu only ...so im thinking daz studio might be at fault here.

even when viewport is wireline and i render out at vieport resoloution the gpu gets dropped ...but same scene in viewport uses the gpu.....!?   how crazy is that??

just carry on at viewport res and do print screen to get my images??...maybe get a higher res screen..lol.

Post edited by andy vron on
  • andy vron said:

nope that didnt fix it..

the crazy thing is that if i just select iray in the viewport then it uses the gpu no problem ....but if i do the same scene say at only 300x300 pixles as a render then it goes nuts with cpu only ...so im thinking daz studio might be at fault here.

even when viewport is wireline and i render out at vieport resoloution the gpu gets dropped ...but same scene in viewport uses the gpu.....!?   how crazy is that??

just carry on at viewport res and do print screen to get my images??...maybe get a higher res screen..lol.

Some basics to make sure we're on the same page.

Do you do not keep previous render's preview windows open while trying to render?

Have you looked at the log for these times the render dropped to CPU? Does it indicate that a memory allocation error occured?

Have you checked the subD of everything in the scene to make sure there isn't one that is set much higher for the render than in viewport?

• andy vronandy vron Posts: 56
    edited December 2019

ah i see later version of daz beta...try that..

Post edited by andy vron on
  • andy vron said:

nope that didnt fix it..

Some basics to make sure we're on the same page.

Do you do not keep previous render's preview windows open while trying to render?

Have you looked at the log for these times the render dropped to CPU? Does it indicate that a memory allocation error occured?

Have you checked the subD of everything in the scene to make sure there isn't one that is set much higher for the render than in viewport?

ah yes....smoothing setting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! brilliant !!  youre the man!! thanks!