iray storm - can it be used for animation

hi y'all,

not sure where to post this question... can't find a way to contact the product author..

i'm increasingly getting into animation in daz... still more painful to do than in iclone... but i'm getting better...

so i'm wondering if the iray storm product can be used to do animated rain and lightning and puddles ?

thanks

frank

Comments

• Hi Frank, 

It can be used for animation! Here's a test I rendered out when I first bought it when it came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTFqskwq_S0

Disregard the first few frames where it looks like the rain is starting, the key is to start at frame like 1000 for your animation this way you can always go back a little bit (I learned this trick after I did this test by watching a documentary on the making of the Incredibles 2) and start the rain like 10 frames early so it ramps up in time. Then it's just a matter of starting the Y axis up high and then go to the last frame of your shot, then add 10 frames, and bring the y axis down until the top of the rain is just about to enter the frame and it'll work! 

As for puddles, that I can't get to work, but you can get light reflecting off of them if you angle it just right. 

Good luck! 

• cool...

thanks for the answer... just what i was hoping for :D

take care

frank

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Yes, as long as the source files aren't redistributed as in a game or something like that. For that you need to buy an interactive license if one is available.

• thanks for the info..

i don't do game work (yet :P:P)
    regular character animation is already fun enough