Missing texture node_tex

I've been having an issue with renders dropping to CPU, sometimes after only a few iterations and sometimes after a few hundred.  It has nothing to do with scene complexity, or VRAM, or anything of that nature.  Each time the GPU drops out, I get the following error:

2019-12-07 15:03:02.205 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(307): Iray ERROR - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.7   IRAY   rend error: Missing texture node_tex

This is always preceded by a kernel failure, but the kernel number is always changing.  Most commonly it's 5, 6, and 18.

The other errors thrown up also differ each time, ranging from "an illegal instruction was encountered", "an illegal memory access was encountered", "hardware stack error", and others.  The only commonality with anything in the error logs is that it always says "missing texture node_tex".

I seem to have narrowed down this issue to the Metallicity slider.  I can set up a surface with textures, adjust other sliders, etc., and it will render just fine.  When I adjust the metallicity slider (though sometimes just adjusting the slider is fine) it craps out to CPU, and especially whenever I put a texture in the metallicity field.

I've completely re-installed Daz (I'm on 4.10) as well as installing the latest compatible Nvidia drivers.  Done that several times, actually, with nothing helping.

Has anyone encountered something like this?  Obviously, I can just not use the metallicity slider, but I would prefer to be able to adjust that.

Thanks in advance.