Random 100% CPU load when rendering?

Hi, guys. I would appreciate any help on this problem. I will get 100% CPU load when rendering images. It'll be like 22% rendering 4 and on the 5th render, the CPU suddenly showed up to 100% and The render slows down to a crawl. I've already tried upgrading the public beta, which i use and my graphics drivers Specs: GTX 1070 (2 of them) 64GB Ram AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

Sounds like the GPU is dropping out due to VRAM issues. The only way to get the GPU to start being used again is to save, close and reopen it again.

• Always close the preview windows when a render is finished . If you don't DS doesn't release the vRAM and you'll quickly run out and drop to CPU.

• mclaughmclaugh Posts: 221

Always close the preview windows when a render is finished . If you don't DS doesn't release the vRAM and you'll quickly run out and drop to CPU.

And even then, DS doesn't always release all the VRAM, so after multiple renders you may run out of VRAM and drop to CPU anyway (at least on my current and previous laptop and my Mac. YMMV.)

The only 100% reliable way I've found to release all the VRAM is to quit and restart DS, but that's  a pain in the * and gets old real quick if you're doing multiple renders. Most of the time—but not always—switching rendering modes (either GPU only to GPU+CPU/GPU+CPU to GPU only), or switching fom iRAY to OpenGL and running a render, completely flushes the VRAM cache.

• That's very helpful, they should sticky that tip. Probably save me hours this week alone.