Exporting frame sequence from Maya, as a clothing morph for Daz

I think I may be close to getting this zipper thing sorted out, but the method that I am using involves moving the parts using curves, and works as I move the time slider along. 

So, for example, when I hit play in Maya, the zipper would go from being at the top of the shirt, to being at the bottom, and then undone. But can that full sequence be exported as a morph? I mean, hypothetically, I could export it one frame at a time and make dozens of tiny morphs, or move the slider to the end and export that alone as a morph, but then daz would just be guessing at everything in between, and wouldn't likely make it morph in the way that I would like. 

Comments

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

As I understand it you can't export a sequence of vertex positions as a single morph.   It's simply interpolating source -> destination, with some key for where you are on that line between 0 and 1.

• Robinson said:

As I understand it you can't export a sequence of vertex positions as a single morph.   It's simply interpolating source -> destination, with some key for where you are on that line between 0 and 1.

How about creating a morph for each keyframe of the animation, then somehow merging the morphs in Daz, or putting X amount of morphs onto a single slider?