Furniture is changing my figure's skin color

I have been rendering scenes with a couple G8 characters in a book store. He is fine, but her skin changes color when near the wood bookcases... like, a LOT. She has a decent tan but crosses the color line when near these wood shelves. If I do nothing but hide the shelves, she looks fine again. Is there any way to fix this in Daz without changing her skin? I've done quite a few renders already with her before this issue cropped up, and if I have to change her skin it's going to be obvious she changed skincare products or something mid-scene!

I could conceivably work around this with some postwork, but I'm hoping to avoid that.

Comments

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

Hmm ... sounds like maybe a lighting issue. Does anything else get changed when moved near the bookcases? Are they casting shadows on her? That might seem like it's changing her skin.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,676

Sounds like maybe the book shelfs are set to emit a colored light

• TheKD said:

Whoa, you're absolutely right. I have no idea how that happened, but thanks for the pointer! I would never have thought of that.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,676

I get things right once in a great while lol. Good to know you know how to fix it now :)

• TheKD said:

Whoa, you're absolutely right. I have no idea how that happened, but thanks for the pointer! I would never have thought of that.

Are the bookshelf materials Iray or 3Delight? Some 3Delight materials have a "fake light" parameter that auto-converts into Iray as actually emitting light. This is one of the reasons it's usually best to manually convert 3Delight materials into Iray before rendering — this and other gotchas are impossible to spot until the material is actually converted.

• TheKD said:
    Are the bookshelf materials Iray or 3Delight? Some 3Delight materials have a "fake light" parameter that auto-converts into Iray as actually emitting light. This is one of the reasons it's usually best to manually convert 3Delight materials into Iray before rendering — this and other gotchas are impossible to spot until the material is actually converted.

I think the bookshelves were 3Delight. I used to manually convert everything but I think I've gotten lazy. Not anymore!