The "Powered by Hot Pockets" Complaint Thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,276
    edited May 2020
    carrie58 said:

It's about 15 minutes into the movie .... and it's only like 3-4 minutes section ,which is why fast forwarding you miss it .it is there . It comes right after the scene of the night before Rogers gets enhanced , if that's a help?

Found it.  Thank you. yes But in the version I watched it was sometime around 25 minutes into the movie.  Red Skull is standing in front of a window, his face in shadow.  And the music itself is quite low volume for much of the time.  Easy to miss if you're not paying attention.  Especially if you're hard of hearing and the furnace blower or noisy water pump conspires to obfuscate the audio.frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited May 2020

Complaint:  Arghhh... Not unexpected but dismaying all the same.  The concert programs at Chautauqua have been officially canceled for this summer.  "No in-person assemblies..."  Arghhhh...  sad

Non-complaint:  I total up in my head the money I save by not attending three symphony concerts this summer  $45 ticket, $25 UBER ride to Chautauqua, $50 fine dinner at Chautauqua, $5 pre-concert ice cream snack, $25 UBER ride back home = $150, times three = $450  Wheee...yes

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,667
    edited May 2020
    DanaTA said:

The driver for my dual band wifi adapter crashed.  I need to use my old 2.4 GHz adapter now.  I like 5 GHz though.  Time to go shopping for a new adapter that has 5 GHz capability.

Why not just get an updated driver?

Dana

I did.  The updated driver also crashed Windows 8.

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

complaint  my guiness has no foam on top.  feel totally jipped

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,114
    DanaTA said:

The driver for my dual band wifi adapter crashed.  I need to use my old 2.4 GHz adapter now.  I like 5 GHz though.  Time to go shopping for a new adapter that has 5 GHz capability.

Why not just get an updated driver?

Dana

I did.  The updated driver also crashed Windows 8.

Windows 8?  Well, maybe that's the issue!  From what I've read, you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free.  I don't know how much longer, though.

Dana

SPriNG! Primavera!  Windows are OPEN!  radical isotopes floating free in the air.    a single leaf left on my pointsetta

hot bowl of grits    lotsa stuff to feel happy about.

Mystiarra said:

SPriNG! Primavera!  Windows are OPEN!  radical isotopes floating free in the air.    a single leaf left on my pointsetta

Being radical is OK as long as you don't hurt anybody.

Mystiarra said:

Being radical is OK as long as you don't hurt anybody.

negative atomic weights.

cold fusion is energy from hydrogen and after product of water?  not sure grasping what it is

extra oxygen atom makes it heavy.  it goes molecule to element atoms to electrons protons nuetrons.  protons the same as positrons?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Mystiarra said:

negative atomic weights.

Not that I'm aware of.

Mystiarra said:

cold fusion is energy from hydrogen and after product of water?  not sure grasping what it is

Fusion energy is produced by converting lighter elements (such as Hydrogen) into heavier ones (such as Helium).  It occurs at very high temperatures.  Cold fusion was claimed to be a method to generate energy via fusion at room temperature.

Mystiarra said:

extra oxygen atom makes it heavy.  it goes molecule to element atoms to electrons protons nuetrons.  protons the same as positrons?

No, positrons are anti-electrons.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    Mystiarra said:

the movies showing cavemen and dinosaurs were hogwash?

is it safe to say there were no mammals and dinosaurs together?

There were mammals in the time of the dinosaurs, but not primates.

Little splayed legged rat-like furry critters that ran between the toes of the dinosaurs.  They lived in holes in the ground.  That's why they survived what wiped out the dinosaurs.  Avoided the blast  & fires, didn't eat much.  Probably feasted on roast and rotten dinosaurs for months/years afterward.

"In the Late Devouring Period, animals without backbones hid from each other or fell down." -- Firesign Theater

Mystiarra said:

negative atomic weights.

Not that I'm aware of.

Mystiarra said:

Fusion energy is produced by converting lighter elements (such as Hydrogen) into heavier ones (such as Helium).  It occurs at very high temperatures.  Cold fusion was claimed to be a method to generate energy via fusion at room temperature.

Mystiarra said:

No, positrons are anti-electrons.

Heavy water is water with Deuterium in place of Hydrogen. Hydrogen normally has one proton in the nucleus, and one electron orbiting in a probability cloud with energy levels. Deuterium is the same, but with a Neutron in the nucleus as well, thus making it heavier. Deuterium is used in fusion (mostly H-bombs at this point), because when you manage to fuse two of them together at high energy, you get a proper Helium nucleus. There is a minor discrepancy in the total mass. This tiny amount of matter that went missing is converted into an obscene amount of energy. Cold fusion claimed to be doing this without raising things to the temperature of the sun. It was snake oil.

James Bond on his way to a health Spa: "I'm to eliminate all free radicals." surprise

A day late and a dollar short, but still, "Hooray, hooray, the first of May. Outdoor ... nothing ... begins today."cheeky

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,011

Somebody in this house baked fresh chocolate chip cookies and made the mistake of not hiding them.

They were good.

Wolf rules... hide it or be prepared to snarl and defend your cookies.

edited May 2020
    Mystiarra said:
    Mystiarra said:

...  protons the same as positrons?

No, positrons (as stated earlier) are anti-electrons.  Electrons have a negative charge.  But have a small amount mass.  The electron's oppositely charged twin, the "positron" has a positive charge and also a small amount of mass.  Whereas "protons" have a lot of mass.  A proton has a positive charge, and since it is heavier than an electron tends to attracts electrons around it, but repel positrons.  Electrons will gather around a proton or group of protons but a positron will flee from a proton and fly away until it runs into its twin (an electron) and they both die in literally a flash of light.  Poof.  Gone.  Positrons are created by some forms of radioactivity and in big atom smashing machines but exist for only a brief moment because they keep colliding with electrons and going poof.  Consequently there aren't a lot of positrons running around loose in our electron filled world.  However, that being said, if you ever get a medical P.E.T. scan your body will be flooded with positrons for a while because PET stands for Positron Emission Tomography.  I belive they inject a radio active substance into your body and then detect the positrons coming out of it similarly to how a CAT scan works with X-Rays.

sounds like a good mood booster

while those radical isotopes party hearty smiley

no one wants a broken anti proton convervrter palpitation.

havoc in the space time continuum, yeesh

The Beer fizzled Complaint Thread

non complaint  is nice enough out to sit with cold brew smiley

was gonna re watch andromeda, cuz is too soon to re watch sga

prime stopped offering andromeda season 1 and 2broken heart

the demise of Tir was funny.  cant help but wonder if the actor did something to deserve his fate.
    for a principle character was a fondless fate, usually they die a hero.

Dr Weyr on SGA met a fondless  fate,, twice.  yet heroically saved  her peeps

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,040

Monday again...

edited May 2020

Non-complaint:  News on the Malaria front.  https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52530828  Not that I specifically am worried about Malaria but the finding is interesting.  Although I never knew that scientists were concering themselves with mosquito genitals.surprise  How does one even do that?indecision

Non-complaint:  News on the Malaria front.  https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52530828  Not that I specifically am worried about Malaria but the finding is interesting.  Although I never knew that scientists were concering themselves with mosquito genitals.surprise  How does one even do that?indecision

With a very powerful microscope, I guess!

Dana

Good Morning or Good evening
    depending on the rotation of your location

gizmo grelins  my b.p. gizmo capoot

cuff puffs half way then gives up with a long sigh

i cant see the instructions on the giradeli brownie mix
    do i just mix in that liquid pouch packet?  no eggs or water?

they didnt have the duncan hines chewy brownie mix crying  

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,352

Rats, I wasn’t able to finish my MerMay the 4th render in time. 

my new excel sheet needs a barcode fong.  dont see a way oto embedf it.  work pc doesnt roll out with one installed.

Cinco de Mayo Cervezacheeky

Mystiarra said:

my new excel sheet needs a barcode fong.  dont see a way oto embedf it.  work pc doesnt roll out with one installed.

Cinco de Mayo Cervezacheeky

Why would you need to embed a font.  Just install one into Windows and apply it in the spreadsheet.  You'd just have to ensure that anyone using the spreadsheet also has the font installed into Windows.  I'm sure there are some free ones.  If not, it's up to your business to make the purchase and distribute it to all employer's workstations that need it.

Just enter this in your Google Search: free barcode fonts for excel   There are several, both Code 128 and Code 3 of 9.

Dana

beware medical stuff that says sliding scale, loosly translated means they drain every last bit of savings

ixnay holds up aNTI VAMPIRE CROSS

darn capslock

groann

he-man has a cat girrl character. har name 's CATrina

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,352
    Mystiarra said:

groann

he-man has a cat girrl character. har name 's CATrina

He-Man is just one big groan. Honestly, it would have been foolish of you to expect better than that. 

This discussion has been closed.