Relocate "Scenes" & "Cameras" folders

Hi there, sorry for the noob question but I am new here and didnt find the answer.

Is it possible to move "Scenes" and the "Cameras" folders under the "Props" directory? It will be easier for me to handle them here.

Comments

• In Daz Studio? In which pane and list - Daz Studio Formats, Poser Formats, Categories?

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

If you're talking about in the Content Library ... techincally you could, but the question might also be whether you should or not.

You can move things in the Content Library by simply browsing to the location on your hard drive and moving folders there like you would any other documents. Assuming we're talking about Daz Studio Format files, Studio is totally flexible on where the files are located.

The Poser application wants to have things in specific places though; so if you also use that tool, I'd leave everything in the Poser Format folders (i.e. under the <Library Folder>/runtime/libraries...) where they are or you'll lose access to them in Poser.

However! Even if you on use Studio, there are two problems with moving files this way.

First, it will break the content database entries for those items. So Smart Content, etc. will no longer know how to find files related to the products you installed them with. This may or may not be a big deal for you depending on whether you use the "smart" features of Studio or not.

Second, and probably more significant, is that you'll have to keep doing it. The next time you install a product that has Camera Presets, it will re-create the folder at the root of the library. So you'll need to move those ones too. Also, if there's ever an update to a product that had previously installed the Camera Presets, it's going to install them back in the default location; so you'll need to move the updated files again to find them where you want them.

To be honest, the better way to customize your content locations is to get used to using Categories for when you want to browse things. Categories allow you to customize the hierarchy of your content however you wish and they leave the source files for the content alone so updates happen automatically, etc.

• TDBAGZTDBAGZ Posts: 163

Yeah, you dont want to do that.

Then you will have to scroll through all the Artists' Prop files to get to your Cameras and Scenes files. Once your library grows that will become a nightmare. 

And if you ever download another scene or camera product and dont maunally change the path for those then they will save to the old path bringing back the camera and scenes folder in the original location.