My daz studio character skin looking so too glossy or shiny

I am using Daz studio 4.12 version, i have 4.11, and 4.9 all  have this strange color i dont know  how to remove it ,  anyone can help please ?

Capture.PNG
458 x 587 - 159K

Comments

• shaneseymourstudioshaneseymourstudio Posts: 383
    edited December 2019

It looks like the view is set to cartoon shaded (circle next to the "Perspective view" dropdown above your characters head). Try clicking on the orb to the left of Perspective view and switching that to either iRay or texture shaded view. If that is not the issue then I am misunderstanding the problem.

Post edited by shaneseymourstudio on
  • TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,676

Good eye.

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited December 2019

check surface material "skin" of the character 
    on 'base mixing' change from 'PBR Metalicity/rougnness' to "weighted"

Post edited by cm152335 on
  • I just loaded ten g8 characters to run some comparisions and several were very glossy... so far it seems that even though at least one was a brand new character .. the default load was 3dl. 

• I just loaded ten g8 characters to run some comparisions and several were very glossy... so far it seems that even though at least one was a brand new character .. the default load was 3dl. 

that's pure luck of the draw.

i just went through randomly and every on  i picked didn't even have a 3dl preset, might have a shader preset in the materials folder, but that's not always true.

and that's between here and rendo characters.

• That looks like how a character appears in the viewport if he/she has NGS shaded skin. Does it look glossy when you render it as well?