How to Save a Scene for Sharing

I made a little scene for my friend to use in her art and renders, but I don't know how to get it to her, how to package some kind of .zip or .rar folder that has all of the info for the wall and the furniture and the pictures, the geometries and textures and shaders and all that, so she can actually open and read and use the file in her DAZStudio. I tried looking online for tutorials, but I don't even know how to word this to get the right answer, so I didn't find anything.

How would I save and compress the scene to get the files over to her?

Comments

• If you are using Daz products for the scene, she would need to also own those Daz products. Once she has the same products, you can simply save as a scene and share it.
  • Some of them are, so I'll tell her that, but there are some pieces of furniture I made myself, as well as the shape and arch of the wall itself.

• Some of them are, so I'll tell her that, but there are some pieces of furniture I made myself, as well as the shape and arch of the wall itself.

She'll need copies of all the assets used no matter where they came from. That includes the ones you made.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

The assets you made & imported unless you've specifically saved them as DAZ assets they will be embedded in the scene file so she'll get at least the geometry of the things you made. I can't remember 100% if the textures you've imported externally into you scene wind up getting embedded in the scene. I'm thinking they don't.

•  

She'll need copies of all the assets used no matter where they came from. That includes the ones you made.

How do I find where all the geometries and texures and shaders are to consolidate them?

The assets you made & imported unless you've specifically saved them as DAZ assets they will be embedded in the scene file so she'll get at least the geometry of the things you made. I can't remember 100% if the textures you've imported externally into you scene wind up getting embedded in the scene. I'm thinking they don't.

I did save them as DAZ assets. Oh dear.

•  

How do I find where all the geometries and texures and shaders are to consolidate them?

I did save them as DAZ assets. Oh dear.

Then the needed files, in addition to the textures, will be in the content directory used under /data/author/product/, where author and product are the entries you made in the option dialogue and the content directory will be the one selected at the top of the options dialogue. I always advise creating a new, empty content directory for the project and placing the textures in its /runtime/textures/ folder (in a sib-folder, of course), placing the asset files in that directory, and saving the presets there - that way everything is in one place, with nothing else included. Once the thing is working you can always unhook the project directory and merge the files into your main content directory.

• Oooh! That makes so much sense, thank you so much!