how to get new hair models for genesis 8?

I am really new to this and I have been playing around with the standard genisis 8 models figuring out how it all works. The hair options are really limited with what come with the program so I need some more hair assets and hair styles. How do I best do this? If you buy a complete model do you get the hair she has as an asset you can use on any model you have or is there a large collection of hair styles and colors I can buy or get for free? Also while im asking about hair what is the best way to go about getting a decent wardrobe collection?

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114

Characters often do not come with hair. (Some do, like Fane and her hair, Minami and her hair, Acicia and her hair and accessories, for example.) For the most part, you must buy the individual hairstyles separately. If there's any particular types of hairstyles you'd like, please post some examples of what you want, so you'd be able to get suggestions for hair assets. 

As for freebies, you can look through this very large forum post which links to off-site freebies Genesis 8 can use short hairstyles easily from pervious generations. The longer hair, braids, and ponytails get trickier to use. Genesis 1 came with pigtails, another short bob hairstyle, a bowl cut, and spiky hair.

• Type Hair Genesis 8 in the "search store" field and you will get 497 hair styles to choose from... The most of them come with several colours.

The Genesis figures you can buy come without any hair and clothes. The promo pics show just how they would look with hair and dress. All accessories and wardrobe you buy for G8 male/female you can use with all G8 male/female models. Start slowly with just a few things to learn how it works and what you can do with the stuff. 

• I bought a hair style I liked. It looks great it was kind of pricy being 15 dollars on sale but I like I can change how its being blown around, how it falls, and make it be wet or dry. 

I am looking for a messy bun with like chopsticks or like alices hair from the twilight movies.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    For Alice's hair, the only one that comes to mind at the moment is Taylor Hair https://www.daz3d.com/taylor-hair . The default Toulouse Hair that comes in DS might work too. Can't remember if it has many shaping morphs for it, since I don't use it at all.
  • TDBAGZTDBAGZ Posts: 163

.... autofit hair from the G3 models.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822
    edited December 2019

grab a 3 month PC+ subscription 

remember to cancel recurring payments in PayPal or on your card

then grab all the cheap PC+ hairs

the price of a 3 month subscription is likely two hairs worth anyway and you get a $6 coupon you can use on DAZ originals (not PC+) and a $6 off $18 one you can use on not new PC+ hairs too

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Hi, I need Rain HD for Genesis 8.1 Female hairstyles it would great if i get all the styles of Rain HD g8.1. Also please suggest below attached hairstyle for meantime.

Thank you.

Rain hairstyle 2.png
    698 x 916 - 739K
    Rain Daz3d hairstyles.png
    693 x 906 - 693K