What was your first DAZ purchase, and how long ago?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited December 2019

February 4, 2012
    I ordered Hexagon, Bryce, and Daz Studio 4 Pro for free. My first non-free purchase was Genesis Starter Bundle for $20.13, 6 days later. Since then I have a total of 1780 orders.

Post edited by barbult on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    Kerya said:

February 2006, Aiko 3 - and yes, I am still using her.

The earliest order in my file is from January 5, 2006 for Aiko 3, Michael 3 and Victoria 3... and membership in the Platinum Club.  Man, they got me fast, though I'm pretty sure I'd picked up some freebies before that, however.

• alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,113
    edited December 2019

outside of Daz. I have a copy of poser1 and bryce 1 
    Daz records suggest I started with some version of bryce 5.5 and maybe daz for mac 2.1  but I think I saw a printout with a daz 1.7 serial number other day. 
    wow, 1206 orders placed..  I need an intervention or a sanity check, not necessarily in that order. 
    hmm 40 items per page in product library so 7200 on 180 pages.. no wonder I can't keep track of my library. (I thought it was an age related issue but I think my mind would have boggled with this 20 years ago. 
    and of course rdna which is here now..  and renderosity and some silver key models from efrontier. And there was some other place that you paid a fee and got to download stuff. They also sold a cd or dvd. 
    well, that would explain the 52,907 Files, 1,318 Folders on the backup render and scene file drive.. but pretty sure one folder with 5000 renders is mostly dupes..
    ---
    nice thing about this thread is it looks like I'm not the only one in this deep.

Post edited by alan bard newcomer on
  • Oldest order showing is from July 9, 2005: "Starter Content" + M3 tunic. Next order was V3 MFD. Which means some time before that, I had already downloaded DAZ Studio .9 something Beta and had V3RR and M3RR along with some other odds and ends (the "included" content at the time).

If memory serves, I had a prior account and lost the password to it. blush

I think I acquired V2 & M2, plus that generation's pre-teens and kids, as Platinum Club bonuses. There used to be a page of "welcome to the club" items, where one could choose two or three items for free when joining. I must have discovered DAZ shortly after the split from Zygote, since there were still some Zygote items among the free stuff and no explanation for why they had a different name instead of DAZ (Digital Art Zone). Mailing address back then was in Provo, Utah. Now it shows as Salt Lake. I recall it being a really big deal when DAZ|Studio 1.0 came out! It was fun being part of that. smiley

It's also been fun to watch DAZ grow. wink

• sriesch said:

The first order still showing in my order history is dated July 4, 2002.  It wouldn't have been my first purchased based on what it was, so presumably I ordered something prior to that.  I think I ordered Victoria1 on a CD, but not certain anymore.  I no longer use Victoria1 or Victoria2, but still regularly use Victoria3, Michael3, Aiko3, the original Freak, and Genesis1 figures (which also make use of Victoria4 & Michael4 materials and some of that generation of clothing.)  Autofit only works under certain circumstances (a great purchase and a good tool for some things, but can't be used for other things) and attempts to transfer V4/M4 figure shapes to G1 didn't work for some reason I cannot figure out, so generally I make no attempts to recreate figures in newer generations and just use what that generation already has available.  Currently I don't even use anything past Genesis1, although I may make an exception for one or two purchases or freebie items in the future for one-off characters or creatures for a single drawing if appropriate (hasn't happened yet), and I've kicked around the idea of using a recent figure's head with better expression options of the newer figures in conjuction with a collar on older figures but haven't really thought that one through yet.

Transferring shapes requires a script / plug-in (example: "Genesis Generation X2"), and auto-fit really only works well if you have the appropriate "clones" for the other generation(s).

For example, if you want V4 / M4 clothing to fit Genesis almost perfectly, then you need  "v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis" ... there are "clones" or "shapes" of each generation (including V4 / M4 clones for Genesis 8), from generation 3 through generation 8. Most generations have clones of themselves for older generations, too.

Also, each of the main Genesis 8 "DAZ Original" characters includes clones for both male and female for Genesis, Genesis 2, and Genesis 3 (so if you buy one male, and one female, your Genesis 8 figures can wear anything made for Genesis, Genesis 2 M/F, Genesis 3 M/F, and their own gender of Genesis 8).

One of the things I like about DAZ is that ability to mix and match items (and characters) from multiple generations. wink Yeah, it takes buying the clones and the shape transfer scripts, but at least it's possible without manually re-fitting everything through a modeling program. smiley

• 6/21/18 Olympia 8 Pro Bundle

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 463

well I would have to say sometime in 2004/2005 when I became a alpha tester for DS and developer for bryce...

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,156

I started with Poser 4 back in 2006 and found daz studio shortly after,  my first purchase at daz was daz3A on March 25, 2010 for the whooping sum of $59 going by my invoices in my account  which since I have gather or purchased to date 379 pages of daz products, some of those are freebies.  I have not checked my dimm lately that will tell me how many products i actually have.   I will say this, its been a fun ,but extremely expensive hobby.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,225
    edited December 2019

A year ago today:

firstorder.png
    1349 x 870 - 107K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • First  overall Order Date: January 18, 2005 -  DAZ|Studio Beta

First paid  Order Date: January 20, 2005 - Victoria 3.0 Head & Body Morphs

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,885
    edited December 2019

first purchase or paid purchase?

July 2009 BTW

C323D8C0-8636-48AD-94BF-04ACF633F5DC.jpeg
    1536 x 711 - 151K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

April 2004

$10

$10 Discount

Breaking even ever since.

• Registration of DAZ Studio 3.x, if I'm not mistaken, on March 24, 2009.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325

October 21st 2012.

Genesis Evolution Morph Bundle

Swole for Genesis

Greek Rotunda

There's been a fair bit more since then.

Cheers,

Alex.

• PenguinistoPenguinisto Posts: 83
    edited December 2019

First official purchase - Michael 2.0 and Stephanie (1.0?), March of 2002. Until then I was using pretty much all Poser stuff with freebies and stuff I would whip up myself in AC3D and rinse through UVMapper(no idea if the free version still runs, but the last pro version was apparently in 2016, though you can no longer buy it...)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Victoria 2 too long to remember

• First purchase free: DAZ Studio 2.3.3.146, 22 Oct 2007

First purchase paid: 3D Starter Bundle - SciFi, 31 August, 2009

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,740

I bought Victoria 1 back in 1999. I didn't realize that she had no textures. I made a bunch of awful pictures of Victoria posing "skin-less!" Everyone had a laugh about that one!

• itachanitachan Posts: 33
    edited January 2020

Order Date: October 9, 2004 - DAZ|Studio Beta - free 

(First paid item)  -  Order Date: December 16, 2005  - Platinum Club Annual Membership - 99.95 

Post edited by itachan on
  • Great Question!!

October 18, 2005 - Daz Studio Beta       Free

November 2, 2005

Michael 3 $9.95
    Victoria 3  $9.95
    3d Starter Pack  $29.95
    Platinum Membership $29.95

I have 1,016 orders and 119 pages of orders

Pretty Cool information!!

• I think it was 1999, Zygote (DAZ didn't exist then).

• BrotherHadesBrotherHades Posts: 87
    edited January 2020

2/17/2005

Daz|Studio Beta

Post edited by BrotherHades on
  • ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

26 Jan 2006

Aiko 3.0 Professional Bundle ​

Aiko3.PNG
    332 x 379 - 294K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

11/6/2007:  PC Monthly Membership, followed by "Victoria's Changing Ponytail Collection" (for Victoria 1/2).

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited April 2020

Looking back through my Product Library the earliest I can find is October 2005 (some early purchases have been updated so the later date shows). These were V2 products.

Yeah, looking at my Order Page, the first order was 2nd. October 2005.

Post edited by marble on
  • jaebeajaebea Posts: 454

May 2003, Platinum Club Membership!

• iwoolcociwoolcoc Posts: 20

Order Date: November 12, 2016

I had only discovered DAZ a few days earlier and it was my 1st 3d program.

I had no idea about anything which was why I purchased the Real Fur.

I could not get it to work and it was only about a year later when I was relooking at it that I realised it was for Carara.

At the time I just assumed anything in the Daz store was for the Daz program I had downloaded.     

first order.JPG
    1287 x 316 - 52K
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909

Order Date: April 6, 2005 DAZ Studio Beta

2 days later Platinum Club and Michael 3 and some Indiansa Jones clothes.

• khorneV2khorneV2 Posts: 146

Victoria 1 from zygote between 1999 - 2001, huge difference with posette (poser 4)

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

https://www.daz3d.com/gail-for-genesis-8-female

In November 2018.

At the time, I thought 11.37$ for a figure was a good deal!

At least, I've used her morphs in many figures, and her skin was the base of the main character of my main story for a long time.