Resource error

My hard drive crashed and I'm rebuilding everything on a new hard drive. I reinstalled Daz 4.12. Everytime I start the program I get this notice. How do I fix it?

Comments

• Here's the screen shot of the error message.

Daz note.png
    611 x 217 - 18K
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

I assume you used Install Manager when you installed Studio, so did you also install PostgreSQL?

• I have the same problem and my Daz was working, I finished rendering a file, and when I tried to star a new one got the same error.

@GFMSculptureStudio and @Katmeow2015 I had a thought: Which version of Studio are you using and is it the Public Build or the Beta? Because there are matching versions of PostgreSQL. You can check which version you have by opening the DIM 'Installed' tab, and typing 'postgresql' in the Search field.

• I have this installed: PostgreSQL CMS (Win 64-bit)

• using Daz 4.12

That's good, so my next question is: did you close Studio and restart it to see if you still get the same error? Sometimes it happens that the error occurs randomly for me, and closing  then opening Studio fixes it.

Please note that I'm no expert at this, and I hope someone with more knowledge joins this conversation blush

• yes, I did close it and openned it again... like 3 times... I got the error earlier this evening... and I closed it for like 2 hours then tried again and the error still there.... 

• I just unistalled it and re installed it using Install manager, and still got the same error.

edited November 2019

Now I'm not sure, so I'll offer random suggestions:

It may be your security/antivirus software started blocking the programme, so you could look at what the security software permits to operate.

Does your user name for Studio and DIM have non-US characters - that is, foreign language characters? Apparently that can cause problems.

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • restarted my computer, and that solved the problem, lol...  cool

Glad to hear it, Katmeow2015!