Problem with FBX export.

2»

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,925
    edited November 2019
    mxo said:
    No iClone does not do joint controlled morphs, you just have basic rigged mesh and can add some custom morphs as well as expressions.

They are pretty much a DAZ studio only thing unless you want to set it all up from scratch AFAIK which is why vertex animated formats like alembic abc or mdd are popular for exporting to render elsewhere.

I see. I am just trying to get the tolchain established from DS to UE4 with some kind of animation package in between that is not DS. Seems there is no easy way. Thank you for all the advice!

Well there is depending on what sort of animation you want to bring over

that SKAmotion one is complex using features from DAZ studio 

most simpler animation exports, until you guys pointed these out to me I had never come across such animations probably because breast and booty bounce not my focus.

via iClone I use Mixamo and all sorts, I can pretty much retarget anything 

getting them to use the third person manequin my only issue but one could create their own Blueprints with other motions so thats not the biggest limitation.

Morphs I have not played with so much there.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,925
    edited November 2019

You wanted to know why it stopped working 

well that's solved yes

you didn't use a complex aniblock with morphs in it the previous timescheeky

morphs added yourself should still work or at least show, these were baked in from the aniblock I found it awkward to use because of this in DAZ studio even

so FBX works just not with certain DAZ studio specific motions 

presumaly that Blender plugin at least lets you according to Padone but I cannot help you there at all

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • maaxixmaaxix Posts: 0
    mxo said:

Thank you.

Still the same issue. I've added more entires to capture more morphs, now it exports 52mb worth of it, but problem remains.

it works with me, export FBX 2010 BINARY

walk.jpg
    807 x 997 - 131K
  • If you export as collada from daz to c4d then the distortion of hands and legs goes away but morphs don't port over (even though they are selected during export) Frustrating!
  • If you export as collada from daz to c4d then the distortion of hands and legs goes away but morphs don't port over (even though they are selected during export) Frustrating!

maaxix said:
    mxo said:

Thank you.

Still the same issue. I've added more entires to capture more morphs, now it exports 52mb worth of it, but problem remains.

it works with me, export FBX 2010 BINARY

Nope, doesn't for me. I've cycled through all the versions of FBX.