Daz Studio: How or where can I see all my "Point At" values different from "None"? (solved)

GardenTurtleGardenTurtle Posts: 52
edited November 2019 in New Users

I was messing around with posing and forgot which nodes I pointed at something. Some had been set by miss click others were intentional.

However opening the scene a day later, I had forgotten all about it and this made posing rather awkward.

So how do I find all nodes where "Point At" have been used, without going through all the nodes?

Post edited by GardenTurtle on

Comments

• Quick-and-dirty with minimal testing, this should select all nodes with a PointAt target set - it won't deselect others, so make sure you start with nothng selected. If it works you coudl make it a custom action, for testing just paste it into Window>Panes(Tabs)>ScriptIDE and click the Execute button.

// Get all nodes on scenevar aNodes = Scene.getNodeList();// variable for latervar oPointAtControl;// Go through scene nodesfor ( var n = 0 ; n < aNodes.length ; n++ ) {	// try to get the node's Point At control	oPointAtControl = aNodes[ n ].getPointAtControl();	// check we got a control	if ( oPointAtControl ) {		// see if the Point At control has a target set		if ( oPointAtControl.getNode() ) {			// if there is a point at target, select the node with the control			aNodes[ n ].select( true );		}	}}

• Quick-and-dirty with minimal testing, this should select all nodes with a PointAt target set - it won't deselect others, so make sure you start with nothng selected. If it works you coudl make it a custom action, for testing just paste it into Window>Panes(Tabs)>ScriptIDE and click the Execute button.

Thx man. I should have been specific that I was looking for a non script option, since I suspected that a script solution might be possible.

However it would have taken me hours to write it myself, so thanks a bunch  yes 

Cheers man.