ToonyCam Pro: Toon renders, anyone? :) [Commercial] [Contest]

Comments

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited July 2014

:-/

Post edited by bad4u on
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Just came in from a LONG day at work, overtime will certainly help pay for all my daz stuff. I'll download it again and see if there are any changes.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 681
    edited July 2014

I love the toony cam. It save me hours of work setting up the surfaces. It lets me use the same scene and render to semi-realistic and toon style.

I was trying out the half tint color levels and got this error. Here is the log file.

Edit to answer my own question

I had not selected the toonycam, so of course the presets did not work. Now they do when I select the toonycam in the scene list.

Loaded image r.png
    Saved image: C:\Users\Paris\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\RenderAlbumTmp\Render 1.jpg
    Saved image: D:\Dropbox (Paris Granville)\BSD\French\French 1 - 2012\4 Au café\Images\Café\Terrase café toon 1.png
    Error reading file, see log for more details.
    Error reading file, see log for more details.
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 9 unknown for DzActionMgr)

DIM installed toonycam to an external drive.

Anyone know what I need to do?

Post edited by Granville on
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

DAZ never did send out the prizes for this contest. :( So prize winners will also get a pre-release version of my new product:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/44065/
    Iconic Aiko 3 Morphs and Maps for Genesis

I'll be sending details via PM.

(I'll also send links to the updated version of ToonyCam Pro.)

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    DAZ never did send out the prizes for this contest. :( So prize winners will also get a pre-release version of my new product:

How does this new project impact the delivery date for Sketchcam Pro?

-- Walt Sterdan

edited December 1969

wsterdan said:
    zigraphix said:

-- Walt Sterdan

I've been a bit stalled on a technical issue with SketchyCam Pro, which is why I've been working on this other project, but I mean to get back to it and hopefully finish it at the end of the summer.

edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    wsterdan said:
    zigraphix said:

-- Walt Sterdan

I've been a bit stalled on a technical issue with SketchyCam Pro, which is why I've been working on this other project, but I mean to get back to it and hopefully finish it at the end of the summer.

Sounds great! Since I'm going to buy both, it's a win-win for me. ;-)

Thanks,
    Walt Sterdan

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to change the outline width to less than 1.00? It will not let me lower that slider, or edit the settings so I can drop the minimum? I am able to get a much thinner outline with the Geo Shell freebie, so I am sure it should be able to support a thinner outline?

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

My first ToonyCam render, thanks to the PA sale :)

(small version which lost some resolution)

GIS_th.jpg
    542 x 692 - 106K
  • I bought it, but whenever I try to render it's blank!

• In Render Settings, in the Editor or Advanced tab, is your Render Engine set to 3Delight? These are 3Delight shaders and will not work with Iray (or the OpenGL modes).

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    3dOutlaw said:

My first ToonyCam render, thanks to the PA sale :)

(small version which lost some resolution)

Very nice...can I ask which settings you used?

Hello, I am back after a long absence.

Is anyone still interested in SketchyCam Pro? I don't know where it would be sold, as I'm not currently a Daz vendor and I don't know if they will accept me as a vendor again now. But I thought I would check to see if there is any interest in a new product before I put a lot of effort into building it.

(I don't know how this would affect the products I used to have in the store, either.)

I  would buy it, if I knew it woudl still work with DAZ Studio 5, if that's possible.

-- Walt

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited May 2022

zigraphix said:

Hello, I am back after a long absence.

Is anyone still interested in SketchyCam Pro? I don't know where it would be sold, as I'm not currently a Daz vendor and I don't know if they will accept me as a vendor again now. But I thought I would check to see if there is any interest in a new product before I put a lot of effort into building it.

(I don't know how this would affect the products I used to have in the store, either.)

I'm a huge fan of toon styles and NPR styles, so I'd most definitely be interested in a new product from you! Also, I'm currently a PA/Daz3D Vendor so if you want any help setting up the product or just someone to help beta test it, let me know. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455

Welcome back Zigraphix, an updated ToonyCam would be an instant buy for me!

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967

I use ToonyCam regularly ... SketchyCam sounds great!

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798

Probably an instant buy for me!

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

tell me where it's for sale and I'll find/buy it.

(BTW, welcome back to the fray!)

cheers,

--ms

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

wsterdan said:

I  would buy it, if I knew it woudl still work with DAZ Studio 5, if that's possible.

-- Walt

Actually, I would ask that you encrypt/compile it to work with DS 4.8+ as I regularly use older DS versions on real projects.

I can't buy newer items from many favorite PAs because they don't design their tools such that they can work with the older DS versions. (I understand why, if their code takes advantage of recent script-API features, but I'm sure many of them don't require the most recent DS versions, etc.)

And, to be honest, if DS 5.x breaks my script/plugin collection, I don't plan on going along with that platform. (my 2 cents...)

cheers,

--ms

mindsong said:

wsterdan said:

I  would buy it, if I knew it would still work with DAZ Studio 5, if that's possible.

-- Walt

Actually, I would ask that you encrypt/compile it to work with DS 4.8+ as I regularly use older DS versions on real projects.

I can't buy newer items from many favorite PAs because they don't design their tools such that they can work with the older DS versions. (I understand why, if their code takes advantage of recent script-API features, but I'm sure many of them don't require the most recent DS versions, etc.)

And, to be honest, if DS 5.x breaks my script/plugin collection, I don't plan on going along with that platform. (my 2 cents...)

cheers,

--ms

Yes, definately for D|S 4.x as well, but I think that any person building items like this will need to be ready to upgrade their items to D|S 5.x also, or they might not see as many sales if customers think they won't be able to use it long-term.

-- Walt 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,817

SketchyCam Pro sounds interesting.

I am a big fan of NPR, so anything related is interested for me.

Well, that's a warm welcome back! Thanks, everyone!

I haven't looked at what will be involved for DS5, but I think I'd plan to support both 4 and 5. I suppose if I update ToonyCam Pro to work with DS5 I might be allowed to sell both versions in the store, DAZ willing. 3Diva, thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that. :)

It's old enough, I'd be willing to pay for an upgrade. It's a great product.

-- Walt

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798

Yay!  zigraphix is back!

I am interested in purchasing SketchyCam Pro, and look forward to see how you would improve on the already fantasitc SketchyCam.  I have been waiting and hoping you would make a pro version.

I am available for beta testing as well if you need an old hat that will test all variables to failure (if any), and not just create pretty pictures.

You probably already have a roadmap of what you want to accomplish with SCP, but if you are open to suggestions :

I would love to see more skecth styles in conjunction with user defined directional placement, and more control with lighting results, including more stepped variations from dark to light.

Regarding the scripting for 4.x vs 5.x, since there is no current (public) API to code against for 5.x, just work on the 4.x for now and make versioning adjustments when we have access to the 5.x API.

Not being a compiled plugin, it shouldn't be that much of an issue.  Same as all of us script coders are doing currently, and even when something in the API is depreciated, it still has life with users not using the latest release.  Hell, mCasual still quadruple codes his scripts to DS 1 (for most of his scripts) for anyone still using DS 1, 2, 3, and 4 along with 4.5+.

Recent case in point would be new change in API for Signals/Slots introduced in DS 4.14 from 'connect' to 'scriptConnect'.

I am still using 'connect' while I code in DS 4.12, but will version code for both to allow users not using latest (4.20.x as of this writing) to use my scripts, but stay current against API for the latest builds for those using them.

I'll do version coding once again when the API for 5.x is available to make sure my scripts work there as well.

Welcome back...  Now get back to work.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited May 2022

zigraphix said:

3Diva, thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that. :)

I hope you do! We can always use more NPR products in the Daz3D store! :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

I bought Toonycam Pro back in the day, and got some mileage out of it. What render engine is the new version going to work with?

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,981

I would love an update to ToonyCam Pro or SketchyCam Pro (preferrably ToonyCam) smiley.. I stopped using ToonyCam Pro after Daz Studio 4.7 ( I think) was released, as whatever was done to the Studio made ToonyCam not work the way it used to..

vrba79 said:

I bought Toonycam Pro back in the day, and got some mileage out of it. What render engine is the new version going to work with?

It only works with 3Delight -- Iray isn't designed for NPR renders. (Someone else might be able to get Iray to produce a toon or sketch render, but I wouldn't even know where to start.)

Ghosty12 said:

I would love an update to ToonyCam Pro or SketchyCam Pro (preferrably ToonyCam) smiley.. I stopped using ToonyCam Pro after Daz Studio 4.7 ( I think) was released, as whatever was done to the Studio made ToonyCam not work the way it used to..

That's odd, I've been using it this week with Daz 4.20. I had to refresh my memory as to how it works, but it does work. Do you have any more specific issues you can tell me about?