brow remover acting strangely

I use brow remover a lot, and slap on fiber mesh brows instead. Having a strange issue tonight, the brow remover seems to be mucking up the skin somehow. I tried in 4.10 and 4.12, the problem exists in 4.10, but a lot less drastically. In 4.12 it is realllllly noticable.  Real headscratcher here lol..... Is there a place I could look and see if there is some wierd corrupted temp files or some other way to troubleshoot? Brow remover is like one of the tools I always use, can't afford to lose it from my toolbag lol.

4.12 before and after

imageimage

4.10 before and after

imageimage

412 before.jpg
1367 x 1000 - 110K
412 after.jpg
1500 x 1000 - 105K
410 before.jpg
1308 x 941 - 116K
410 after.jpg
1383 x 1000 - 107K

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

Damn, it's now doing this with all skins I am trying, something is definately wrong :(  I found one place with temp files at C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build\temp and got rid of those to try again. No help. 

• Does this show on the base Genesis 8 female? I just tried and don't think I see the issue.

I tried a few more, it got weirder lol. First I tried G8 base load, looked fine.

Next tried Aiko 8 skin, looked fine.

Tried FWSA Sophie skin, not fine

Then tried mika 8, got an even odder result

Not seeing anything that looks like an error in the log or nothing, and clearing out the temp files I found between tries.

BA g8 .jpg
    1268 x 875 - 130K
    aiko 8 BA.jpg
    1173 x 875 - 147K
    fwsa sophie BA.jpg
    1173 x 875 - 132K
    mika 8 BA.jpg
    1173 x 875 - 158K

Driving me nuts, I would have no problem just going back to 4.10 for genereal use, but it won't use my 2080 super to render for some reason, so that's a no go.
    A different skin tried. I applied the brow script in 4.10 and rendered, saved the file, then opened and rendered in 4.12   I even tried in 4.12 to disable my 2080 super to see if it was rtx somehow doing it, but it came out black faced too.

compare.jpg
    1369 x 890 - 680K

Still no luck cracking this issue's skull yet. Tried the last thing I could think of, reinstalling the script. That worked when newgens script got all wonky in me, but no joy here. Doesn't help I have had a lot of work lately, so I only get to work in ds maybe a hour each day if I am lucky.

• I'm not sure I have any of those characters to test - do you have any of the other Genesis 8 Female (or male) base characters that show the issue?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

Just wondering why are you trying to remove Mika 8's brows she comes with a browless texture, her brows are applied using the diffuse overlay, I wonder if this is the same with the other mats you are having problems with?

I was just trying random ones, didn't notice she already had a browless version included lol. Let's see, jumping over to G8M, ceejay(not sure it's counted as a base, but it's grouped into the bases in my install, so tried it), nix 8, all the other bases I have seem to have eyebrowless textures already. The characters look normal in veiwport, their face only goes darker when rendering, not sure if that info helps any.  Also, last night I noticed there was a beta update, and installed it to see if that would help, sadly seems not to have. On latest beta, unless there was one today lol. As for G8 Bases, only ones without an included browless option is kanade zux.

ceejay.jpg
    741 x 1200 - 357K
    kanade8.jpg
    741 x 1200 - 347K
    nix8.jpg
    741 x 1200 - 436K
    zux.jpg
    741 x 1200 - 316K
    edited November 2019

Had time to find a few more, these are extra weird I just noticed, on top of being dark faced, there is also facetting going on lol. I never really had a reason to search and look what character sets came with eyebrowless texture, it seems to be a lot of them are included now, which makes my situation a bit less painfiul lol. At least I am not stuck without any skins to use until this get ironed out. Aadilyn and acicia are the ones I found. Out of time to play for tonight, will have time to try more tomorrow night I think, or this weekend. Unless something pops up that takes me from my house.

Aadilyn.jpg
    741 x 1200 - 338K
    acicia.jpg
    741 x 1200 - 303K
    Post edited by TheKD on
  • I had this problem too sometimes, and sometimes it fixes itself. I think I had to load the original skin on the model, remove brow again, and it works again. It may have something to do with old textures cache not being cleared. I don't know how to clear cache for DS.

edited November 2019

That's what I was thinking too, but I couldn't find where they are if they were stuck somehow lol. I was trying out skin after skin when I noticed it start happenning. Was trying to find one I liked. Seems a lot less of an issue now, a lot of the skin sets are including a browless these days. I decided to ignore it for now, and try to actually make some art. I spend most of my free time in daz just experimenting and helping test stuff, I really need to get back into creating stuff again. Hoping maybe someone that had and solved it see this and lets us in on the secret lol.

Post edited by TheKD on
  • Just in case it helps anyone, I just ran into this problem w/ a G8.1F character.  Reloading textures or whatever did not help, but I did the brow removal (saw the problem), then saved it as a material preset (using the button in the brow remover addon, not the DAZ one), and it mysteriously cleared up.  Super annoying waste of 3 hours.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

The Brow Remover commercial script discusses saving a material preset from within the Brow Remover script, and then applying that saved preset, as the ideal workflow.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4774241/#Comment_4774241

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

To me it looks like wrong image gamma settings...