Iray Preview window rendering much quick then normal renders

Is there a way to save preview renders rather than regular renders? I've attempted to mess around with different settings to try and improve render times and even when a regular render eventually seems to stop getting progress after the 30 second mark apart from mild updates. The preview window for Iray is always much faster even at the same resolution. I'm sure there has to be a way to either set my

Comments

• Try File>Save Last Draw...

I suspect that the preview is still in Interactive mode, while the render is Photoreal - but Interactive disables a fair number of features, so suing it to render may have unexpected results with soem products.

• Preview renders - is it the spot render or it is something else?

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Preview renders - is it the spot render or it is something else?

It's when you set the draw mode in the preview window to NVIDIA IRay. Click on the little icon next to where you choose your cameras!

• I experimented with interactive render and did definately get different results. Less detailed but at the same rendering rate. The preview renders seem exactly like the Ctrl-R renders just faster. And as I mentioned I thought it was a matter of resolutions but that doesn't seem to be the case either. I'll experiment more.