Hi Kibarreto, good job

https://www.daz3d.com/astromaster
What a space ship, really. Want it...
I mean also in real life. wink
Well at least, it's there now as a DS model, but what is inside? Will there be interiors for it?
Until then, I keep enjoying the promos and hoping for a bundle.

Oh, spot on job, as allways yesyesyes

Comments

• billyben_0077a25354billyben_0077a25354 Posts: 771
    edited November 2019

I am also hoping for an interior for the ship.  I will probaly pick her up anyway as we need good DS Iray ship models.  Now if we can just convince Kibarreto to update Shuttlestar and Vanguard with .duf files and Iray materials along with Iray materials for Pocketstar.  Maybe some updated G3/G8 poses too.  These are all great ships.  Too bad toey are too old to be useful in DS 4.12 wiht their current files.  Even if the update was a paid for update it would be worth it.

Post edited by billyben_0077a25354 on
  • thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited November 2019

I am also hoping for an interior for the ship.  I will probaly pick her up anyway as we need good DS Iray ship models.  Now if we can just convince Kibarreto to update Shuttlestar and Vanguard with .duf files and Iray materials along with Iray materials for Pocketstar.  Maybe some updated G3/G8 poses too.  These are all great ships.  Too bad toey are too old to be useful in DS 4.12 wiht their current files.  Even if the update was a paid for update it would be worth it.

What's the problem with the Vanguard or the others in DS 4.12? They work fine for me with a little material conversion? Here are two quick shots of the Vanguard exterior and Interior in DS 4.12.

Ciao

TD

Vanguard out.png
    1600 x 1120 - 1M
    Vanguard inner.png
    1600 x 1120 - 2M
    Post edited by thd777 on
  • AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited November 2019

No issue with Kibarretos older models here.

Ironstar.png
    1080 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,272
    edited November 2019

One of my early favourites, ThunderBike

ThunderBike in Starcarrier

ThunderBike in Starcarrier_01.jpg
    960 x 540 - 145K
    Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

nice ship!  i like it a lot

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145
    thd777 said:

What's the problem with the Vanguard or the others in DS 4.12? They work fine for me with a little material conversion? Here are two quick shots of the Vanguard exterior and Interior in DS 4.12.

Ciao

TD

Agree. I have no problems whatever converting Kibaretto's older space ships to Iray. And they look great.

Laurie

• I'm working hard in the Astromaster cockpit. It is a must. Please find some cockpit images below. My deadline is a month. However, after DAZ QA it should be released in no less than 45 days. I'm glad you like the ship. Thanks.

1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 150K
    2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 253K
    3.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 252K

remember how the ship on Andrtomeda had a ship's avatar?. Rommie
    kewl concept

• Kibart said:

I'm working hard in the Astromaster cockpit. It is a must. Please find some cockpit images below. My deadline is a month. However, after DAZ QA it should be released in no less than 45 days. I'm glad you like the ship. Thanks.

Yay, yay, double-yay. smileysmileysmileyyes

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,849

Here's the shuttlestar rendered with LuxRender. They are easy to work with in any modern render engine.

SciFi-01-Crew-02-Postwork-Steam - 1600x900.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 197K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148

Not sure I'd need it but if I did I'd get it because it reminds me of the ship the Legion of Super Heroes from DC Comics would use to span the universe on a mission.  It's sleek and stylish.  Part of the reason I don't get most of the other ships offered is they are so bulky and got to many dodads added on.  THIS is a fabulous looking design.  If there is an interior then I'd hope the ship would go on sale and do a bundle for the main ship and it's interior.  Fingers crossed.  

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148

Well bought it anyway, loved the promo's!  Really sold it to me.  GREAT JOB! 

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited November 2019

Glad to hear that an interior is on its way. Shes a nice looking ship. The bottom pic is the Shuttlestar interior.

Asro.jpg
    800 x 450 - 265K
    Shuttlestar.jpg
    800 x 450 - 407K
    Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,816
    edited November 2019
    RAMWolff said:

Not sure I'd need it but if I did I'd get it because it reminds me of the ship the Legion of Super Heroes from DC Comics would use to span the universe on a mission.  It's sleek and stylish.  Part of the reason I don't get most of the other ships offered is they are so bulky and got to many dodads added on.  THIS is a fabulous looking design.  If there is an interior then I'd hope the ship would go on sale and do a bundle for the main ship and it's interior.  Fingers crossed.  

YESSSS !!! exactley. It does remind of the Legions of Superheroes ship.
    Loved that ship, especially the Mike Grell version of it. I've once tried to make a 3d model of it. Thought it should be easy, but since I am not really a model master, I messed it up. Maybe another day.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,894
    edited November 2019

Astromaster renders nicely and quickly (real time) in Unity, as well.

Astromaster03pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 381K
    Astromaster03pic02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 385K
    Astromaster03pic03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 648K
    Astromaster03pic04.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 534K
    Astromaster03pic05.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 412K
    Post edited by Artini on

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,894
    edited November 2019

Astromaster interior - Daz Studio render.

Astromaster06pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 691K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    RAMWolff said:

YESSSS !!! exactley. It does remind of the Legions of Superheroes ship.
    Loved that ship, especially the Mike Grell version of it. I've once tried to make a 3d model of it. Thought it should be easy, but since I am not really a model master, I messed it up. Maybe another day.

I'm not sure it would help you, but there are Sketchup versions of a few of the old Legion ships, including the Grell Star-Trek-inspired version:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search/?q=legion of super-heroes

-- Walt Sterdan

• DripDrip Posts: 1,144

It was an instant buy for me as well, even if the engine nacelles have a bit too much of a trekkie-feel to me. I like Star Trek, but would usually not want to give people the impression of a render being from the Star trek universe (though sometimes I might..). But, maybe I can make myself a morph some time to move those engines a bit inward and closer to the hull. That would be more complicated than any personal tweak I've cooked up so far, but well, to go where no one has gone before?

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159

This is another must have.

• Pretty sure this was basically their aesthetic plugged into a sleeker-looking Enterprise-alike layout.

It is, however, beautifully modelled.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Kibart said:

I'm working hard in the Astromaster cockpit. It is a must. Please find some cockpit images below. My deadline is a month. However, after DAZ QA it should be released in no less than 45 days. I'm glad you like the ship. Thanks.

Great looking model! I agree about the cockpitsmiley. Good to know it's being worked onyes. And Thank You for supporting 3Delightyesyes

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,583
    Drip said:

It does look like a StarFleet vessel got "jiggy" with Queen AmaIt was an instant buy for me as well, even if the engine nacelles have a bit too much of a trekkie-feel to me. I like Star Trek, but would usually not want to give people the impression of a render being from the Star trek universe (though sometimes I might..). But, maybe I can make myself a morph some time to move those engines a bit inward and closer to the hull. That would be more complicated than any personal tweak I've cooked up so far, but well, to go where no one has gone before?

It does kinda' look like a StarFleet vessel got "jiggy" with Queen Amadalek's "Phantom Menace" transport and had a "baby". wink

Sincerely,

Bill

• Kibart said:

Any ETA/Update on this?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,611
    Artini said:

Astromaster interior - Daz Studio render.

..hmm looks a little like Mr. Picard there. 

• Another Kibarreto masterpiece!  Just need the cockpit (<needywhine>how much longer?<needywhine\>) and it'll be perfect.

• crikettcrikett Posts: 77
    Kibart said:

Any updated ETA when the cockpit might arrive?  Would love to get this!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,250
    Redfern said:
    Drip said:

It does look like a StarFleet vessel got "jiggy" with Queen AmaIt was an instant buy for me as well, even if the engine nacelles have a bit too much of a trekkie-feel to me. I like Star Trek, but would usually not want to give people the impression of a render being from the Star trek universe (though sometimes I might..). But, maybe I can make myself a morph some time to move those engines a bit inward and closer to the hull. That would be more complicated than any personal tweak I've cooked up so far, but well, to go where no one has gone before?

It does kinda' look like a StarFleet vessel got "jiggy" with Queen Amadalek's "Phantom Menace" transport and had a "baby". wink

Sincerely,

Bill

Is that an honest typo, or are you just that much of a Whovian that you couldn’t help yourself?

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,318
    edited April 2020

I produce a lot of images each month for the last fourteen years - this is still one of my all-time favorites.  Moon photos by me with Nikon P900 and Shuttlestar rendered in DAZ Studio with Filter Forge effects for engine trail in Photoshop.

Thanks, Kiberreto!

Lunar Transit - 3D and Photography by Gogger

FS_Lunar_Transit_3D_and_Photography_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 294K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 921
    edited April 2020

Comment moved to the technical forum.

Post edited by nabob21 on