PC+ For a Day... Good riddance? Or I'll miss you?

2»

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,328
    edited November 2019
    evacyn said:
    At least my credit card gets a break before Black Friday. Huge thanks to Daz and the PAs for making this awesome.

Wanna bet? There's Veteran's Day tomorrow and with it the potential for more big sales.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • evacyn said:
    At least my credit card gets a break before Black Friday.

Who's a little optimist then?

• GalaxyGalaxy Posts: 562
    edited November 2019

It is first time for me, therefore I was not well prepared. I missed a lot and also grabbed many. I stopped using Credit Card though I still have one and this PC+ sale my Debit Card is become red. I hate this PC+ sale now because only few days remaining for Black Friday.

Post edited by Galaxy on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

I was able to get a number of pricey items on the PC+ for a day catagory and I scored on the BYOB catagory. The bundles, well this year, I owned everything, except maybe one or two items, not worth $9.99. What I love is now with all the conversion programs, many older products are very viable for use with G8. I have had a lot of metadata work to do. Or files missing here and there. But, for $0.37, that is a great investment. 

But I need relief. A break. Sanity to return. This addiction can get out of control. 

To Jack and the team who worked on this, my deepest appreciation and thanks for your hard work.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,444

I don;t render old Egyptian stuff, so why do I need to buy two bundles of G3 products from PC+ for a day? Why nnot, even for $2.99 ... or 2.69 with the new release 10% off ... and then use PA $6 coupon ...than I can add back two more PC+ for a day ...  yep, that's how it works. 

and in actuality, you don't save 10% buy buying a new release to get 10% off ... you have to factor in the cost of the new item ... anyway, too easy to spend on stuff when its so cheap ... might as well buy it now... wow, it will be great for my cash flow for this to end. 

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,777

I love it, my bank account/credit card hates it. Thank goodness it's only once a year, any more and they'd be in witness protection. laugh

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,328
    edited November 2019

I don't possible see how anyone could actually hate it, ...

Well, the only problem with it that I see is that it probably is a significant cause of long customer service delays, particularly where individual items are put on sale and then there is a bundle with them a few days later

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

You know, I can't remember a big sale recently that didn't have a last minute EXTENDED ONE WEEK promotion tacked on at the end, so I'm not completely counting this one as done yet... 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

The things that surprised (but also delighted) me this year was how many of the PC+ for a day items were so recent. One would expect PAs to offer their older stuff for the promotion, but there was loads of Genesis 8 items, as well as recent enviroment and prop sets. I will join others in thanking the PAs for their generosity, although I will add I spent far more than I expected this PC+ sale, those 1.99 items add up fast.

• daveso said:

and in actuality, you don't save 10% buy buying a new release to get 10% off ... you have to factor in the cost of the new item ... anyway, too easy to spend on stuff when its so cheap ... might as well buy it now... wow, it will be great for my cash flow for this to end. 

If you stuff the cheapest new release into a card with a lot of other items in it, the price actually goes down. Maybe not 10% total, but when adding textures for a Kilt I don't have will save me a couple dollars, in it goes!