PC+ For a Day... Good riddance? Or I'll miss you?

I have been loving or not loving the PC+ for a day items, depending on which way you look at it. I picked up SO many great items on my wishlist for so cheap this time around. But I probably spent more than I usually would because of it as well. 

What are your thoughts? Do you love that event? Or hate it? 

Comments

• Really love it heart even though I way overspent my budgetdevil

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

I don't possible see how anyone could actually hate it, some great products at some great prices, what's to hate? IMO it's the best part of the PC event.

• I got a ton of great stuff, and one item, the UV swap for Gen 8, went on for 1.99 like A couple of days after I had asked on here how to swap skins, almost as if it knew I needed it. I'm sad to see it go. Just picked up my last collective 3D house setting, which I think I almost have all of their stuff now too.
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I was a very good girl this time around. Been collecting for too many years now. I'm losing steam ;)

Laurie

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818

I love the pc+ for a day, managed to snag a few products I could not have afford otherwise. My only problem is that I need Waaaay more money to get all the things I want lol

• That was definitely the best part of the sale for me.

Picked up some things that I had noticed before but wasn't sure if I would use them very often. At $1.99 it was worth it even for just a couple of renders. The various bundles, even the free ones, didn't spark my interest but that's probably because I've accumulated enough stuff already. For somebody new they're great value.

• I cleared a fair number of items off my wishlist ... I also bought a (probably bigger) fair few that hadn't been on my wishlist.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,299

Yeah, it's a bit of both. It's great because there's loads of stuff you want to buy, but also terrible because there's loads of stuff you want to buy.

It did let me pick up a few things I'd been hoping for a good offer on, and even a few I'd actually taken off my wishlist a while ago because I wasn't sure there'd ever be an offer quite good enough that I could justify them... but also many many many things I'd never really originally planned on picking up. (I seem to have a lot more of Predatron's stuff now... the low res stuff is still really useful on my low-end card, even if the materials take a bit of updating.)

I did also pick up quite a bit of the BYOB and the Category sales (as well as a fair outlay on the day they did the shoe sale), but the PC+ for a day is probably responsible for most of my spend over the last few weeks.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,933

I cleared a fair number of items off my wishlist ... I also bought a (probably bigger) fair few that hadn't been on my wishlist.

Same here.

• Love it, but overspent my budget as well and still didn't get all items I wanted.

Instead of a whole month PC+ sale (and a PA sale directly before), I'd rather see single PC+ weeks distributed over the year.

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707

The only big sales event I like at all is the PC+ Sale and that's largely due to PC for a Day. I wouldn't be terribly upset if DAZ offered it 365 days a year!

• I got a lot of stuff from my wishlist, and also took a couple of risks on products I would have passed on at a higher price. it was also kind of fun to check in on what was there every day.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    edited November 2019
    I plead guilty that I don't wait till PC+ for a day if it's something I want. That's not necessarily new stuff, sometimes it's like I have an idea on my mind and I want to create the image in my head. For 50% off - like PA festival or the 4hrs flash sale I push the button. Sometimes even for 40%. Majority of what I bought since I started was collected this way. Do I miss out on some great sales? Damn sure I do. I bought the UV switcher at 50% off. I could have gotten it during the PC+ sale apparently for a lot less. But I rendered countless images in between so I guess all is fine.

The category sales and the PC+ for a day is great for stuff I generally like but have nothing on my mind immediately in which image I use it. There are a lot of items that are nice but I would not buy unless they are offered at a great discount and then I'd play with it or build it into one of my future renders. But I have to admit ... I have bought 4 byobs and countless PC+ for a day and category sale items and have only rendered a few of them.

Post edited by Asari on
  • Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,602

I loved it, although I did spend more than I intended. And I do feel a little bit guilty that I've bought a lot of stuff from from some great PAs and only paid them $1,99 (sometimes less) for each item. But not very guilty wink

It was interesting the way they played with us, some items from bundles would turn up in the sale, then a day or two later the entire bundle would turn up at the same price, There is one item that I put off waiting to see it the bundle would turn up but it didn't. Still, it is in the catch up for just a dollar more.

Anyway. I've now got a lot more stuff to play with and ideas of picture to make from it.

• I don't buy much on the DAZ Shop anymore these days.  I pretty much have everything I want.

I am still undecided on whether I should buy the "On the Farm" set at this point.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,018

I totally bought more than I intended to, but last year and this year have probably been the biggest boosts to my asset library vs. anything else. The only thing is I don't feel as inclined to pick up new release products or stuff that isn't in the BYOB or PC+ for a day categories. Also I noticed if I waited on regular sale stuff there was a chance at least some of it would end up in PC+ for a day fairly soon, so waiting on some things was an easy choice. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I have a love/hate relationship with the PC+ for a Day: Love the price; Hate how fast it drains my Store Credit!

I hope Daz doesn't use PC+/Day at other times, though. If we only see this offer during the PC+ Anniversary, it keeps it special, and something to look forward to every year. If it shows up throughout the year, it makes turns a great feature into "same ol', same ol'".

I've said this elsewhere: I want to thank the PAs for their amazing generosity this year. I thought the feature was great last year, when each day presented a half-dozen or so products. This year was mind-blowing! I definitely overspent. I hope all of the PAs made a bunch of money!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited November 2019

As far as I'm concerned, the PC+ for a day has saved the last two PC+ sales, as the pre-built PC+ bundles have been bust for me for the last several years.   On the other hand, it was definitely for the worse for my wallet, as I pretty much bought every set, shader, and iray-whatever that was offered, as well as every asset that was offered for Genesis 3 and 8 minus a few pose and expression packs, a goodly bit of clothing and hair for Genesis 2 & Genesis, and even a handful of moldy-oldie Gen 4 and Gen 3 products.  Granted, I probably already owned a lot more of it than most of the folks shopping here do since somewhere between the PA sale and the PC+ sale I hit the point where I literally own half the items in the store, so I probably wasn't getting offered as big a list each day some other folks were (and I refused to look at what else was being offered since the pain of seeing all the stuff I paid so much more for at $1.99 would be like having an Irish soccer team do the River dance on my kidneys), but there were more than a few days when I ended up with over a hundred bucks worth of of just PC+ for a day items in my cart.  Add in the BYOBs, those excellent group sales we got a few times, and the lunacy that was going on over at Renderosity and my Credit Card was definitely getting a workout.

All that said, I did find the single item/bundles issue to be a bit of a pain, but the amount of time and effort it would takes to go back and track down all the times when I could have saved a few dollars by buying the larger bundle on a later day seems like too much effort when you're talking about items that cost less tha $2.  Especially when I honestly can't remember everything that I've bought during this insane feeding frenzy. and it'll probably take months just to assimilate it.  .

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • My wallet isn't going to miss it. 

• I enjoyed it, but not as much as previous years, although I do love what I have picked up. Reasons for less enjoyment:

1. Having a glitch with my PC+ membership for over a week in the middle so I couldn't take advantage of mdeals during that time.

2. Like many, many other folks I was not happy at all when PC+ Catch-up prices went from $2.99 to $5 when Leisa debuted. I am still unhappy, since I bought Oso Lechuza just last night--because I was afraid that--as has happened before--that not every item would make the last catch-up & that would be one of them. But today catch-ups are again $2.99, including Oso Lechuza. (I know I could return it and re-buy at $2.99, even while waiting on the store credit but I don't think I'm going to bother.)

3. IMO, G3 characters, which is what I want most right now, seemed to have gotten the least attention of any generation in the PC+ for a Day & the other promotions. Seemed like most characters (and other items) were either G8, G2, or generation 4 or earlier.

What I did like:

1. I did get things off my wishlist

2. I found some cool stuff I hadn't noticed before and got some of it Not a lot because I promised myself I was going to work on the wishlist for the most part

3. Glad that Daz liatened to us  & did this promotion again

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,415

I've loved it. Although I've had to sacrifice buying new releases, and I haven't been able to buy/renew my PC+ Membership. I've got some stuff on my wishlist, and I've picked up a few other things that I've wanted in the past (which never made it to my wishlist). So I'm going to miss it. 

• So to cap off a great sale, tomorrow Daz should make PC+ itself only $1.99 ! laugh

• So to cap off a great sale, tomorrow Daz should make PC+ itself only $1.99 ! laugh

Ha! Well I still have 2 years left because my last renewal only cost $22.68 last April; but at that price I'd definitely buy even more years of membership 

• I don't possible see how anyone could actually hate it, some great products at some great prices, what's to hate? IMO it's the best part of the PC event.

YUP

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

So to cap off a great sale, tomorrow Daz should make PC+ itself only $1.99 ! laugh

At full price, it is way less than $1.99 per week. So looking at it that way, it seems pretty cheap to me. On sale, even better, Now at $1.99, that would be a SALE!

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 7,992
    edited November 2019

Enjoyed it {and the BYOB} so much this year, figure I'd better start saving for next year's lol ...

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • I hate it for missing some of my wishlist items!!!! You know - the stuff you would like but can't justify buying at full price because you don't actually NEED it.

• I hate this sale because it caused me to way overspend my budget. Good riddance. The ordinary high prices for things we don't own just to get a 2d license, lets me slow down my spending but when stuff gets really cheap I cant help myself. I don't buy textures(waste of money in my opinion) but the shaders and props and the 8 for 3 bundle stuff really was worth eating ramen for a month. hahaha

• I hate this sale because it caused me to way overspend my budget. Good riddance. The ordinary high prices for things we don't own just to get a 2d license, lets me slow down my spending but when stuff gets really cheap I cant help myself. I don't buy textures(waste of money in my opinion) but the shaders and props and the 8 for 3 bundle stuff really was worth eating ramen for a month. hahaha

I'll be eating it for a year! And then there will be another sale. In my defense, I took a 6 year break, so I had a lot of catching up to do!

• evacynevacyn Posts: 950
    At least my credit card gets a break before Black Friday. Huge thanks to Daz and the PAs for making this awesome.