Building Clothes or Hair to use for Genesis 8

Sorry for the noob question, but how do i model clothes and hair and then have it export to be used for a Genesis 8 model? Just like the items made by professionals in which i can select it from Content Library and click it to be fitted on the model?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,057

Wel the typical steps are those:

• First you need an app to model the mesh. Any modelling app which can export the mesh as .obj can work, which means most would. If you don't have one yet I suggest you try the free ones like Hexagon or Blender first.
    • Then you need to UV-map the mesh so it can take textures. Modelling apps often have an UV-mapping module, but there are also standalone apps to do that if you prefer.
    • Then you import the UV-mapped mesh in DS, and use transfer utility to weightmap it so it fits G8.
    • Then you save the result as a prop/figure asset in your DS content library.
    • You can use shaders on it, or export a texture template using your UV-mapper then create your own textures in an image editor based on the template, and use the Surfaces tab to apply them to the mesh.

For hair you could also use the strand-based hair editor in DS 4.11+

There are various tutorials available for sale or for free on the various steps.

Is there a specific type of item you want to make?