Simulation Animation

I tried following DrNewcenstein2’s YouTube video Making Water Planes and Terrains in Daz Studio with dForce, everything seemed to work except the walk animation during simulation.

Water plane deformed as expected but the wave didn’t move (the figure and spheres stayed at the edge of the plane). Is there a setting to animate the deformation?

Running Daz Studio 4.12.0.86

duf
duf
Water Plane Test.duf

Comments

• Which tutorial?

• OldminerOldminer Posts: 134

Making Water Planes and Terrains in Daz Studio with dForce

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,390

This tutorial...

Yes, I tried everything I could think of and still no animation.

• What are your simulation settings, and what kind of animation did you apply? That's rather a long video to sit through the whole thing.

I set the Sea plane (Plane2) at 0.9 Dynamic Strength and Density of 4500,I am using SKAmotion (Flat Foot Walk, no bounce). I just animated the sphere apart from G3 and the simulation worked (Sphere animated through out the timeline). 

Also Set the simulatiom at Start Bones off and  animated use timline play range

• Oldminer said:

I set the Sea plane (Plane2) at 0.9 Dynamic Strength and Density of 4500,I am using SKAmotion (Flat Foot Walk, no bounce). I just animated the sphere apart from G3 and the simulation worked (Sphere animated through out the timeline). 

try baking the AniBlock to the Timeline, if you mean https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-s-victoria-7-flat-foot-walk-aniblock , or test using a Timeline animation instead of an AniBlock.

I setup a timeline animation and when I ran the simulation DS gave a message that it needed to compile the kernel after the compile was complete the simulation went just fine G3 walked with waves! I will try with the anibloc baked and see what happens.