joint bends look awfull on Genesis 2 when thin morph is applied

edited January 2014 in The Commons

I really didn't want to start a new threat but searching gave me nothing. I'm having problems with the joints of genesis 2. when I bend the legs at the hips with out any morphs, all is ok but when I apply the thin morph and the youth morph together, the thigh separates from the hip leaving a gap where they should be compressing together in front. So my questions are:
1, Will "Beautiful Bends For Genesis 2" fix this problem? I hate to spend money I don't have on something That won't work.
2, If not, is there anything else that will work?

Thanks.

Post edited by bruce32466_69197e6eec on

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Can you post a screenshot? It's hard to tell without a visual reference to the problem.

• edited January 2014

Thank you Zev0 for responding.

GenBend.jpg
    1600 x 870 - 254K
    Post edited by bruce32466_69197e6eec on
    edited January 2014

Hmm.. The thin morph was designed for adult shape and looks like it is conflicting in that area when both are dialled in at full. Will see If I can make an alternate thin morph.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • edited December 1969

:lol:Yeh!!!
    That would be great and will add more variety for characters.

edited January 2014

Ok instead of creating a new thin morph, these hip adjustment ones did the trick. I made them for both for G2F and G2M. Morphs will be located under Shaping\Hip\Real World\ and will be called hip adjust left and right. Just extract the data folder from the zip and copy into your main content folder where your data folder is located.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ri3m76djpvegfm/HA.zip

1.jpg
    1406 x 662 - 135K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • edited December 1969

You're awesome! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but had to run a few errands but did try it out and it worked great. Thank you for taking the time to help out.

edited December 1969

Cool:) You're welcome:)

• edited January 2014

If you don't mind me asking, what program do you use to make the morphs? BTW, love your products. They really enhance the Daz characters greatly.

Post edited by brucelandry24_91084950f5 on
    edited January 2014

Thank man, I enjoy making them:) I use Zbrush. The GoZ function enables me to send the mesh back and forth making it easier to adjust any morphs I create. It's a fantastic workflow between the two programs.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ginalandry71ginalandry71 Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

Hi. I just came across this thread and saw the corrective morphs and would like to make them into JCMs. I tried to fallow a tutorial for 4.5 version of Daz but because they changed property editor, I get very lost Anbar had to give up. is there any updated tutorials. (a full body thin morph would be great)
    Thanks
    Gina.

Post edited by ginalandry71 on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the correction dial!

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited February 2014

Hi. I just came across this thread and saw the corrective morphs and would like to make them into JCMs. I tried to fallow a tutorial for 4.5 version of Daz but because they changed property editor, I get very lost Anbar had to give up. is there any updated tutorials. (a full body thin morph would be great)
    Thanks
    Gina.

With the new property editor, you need to drag and drop the x axis rotation dial (in the thigh section) to the controller subsection of the corrective morph. Then it's simply a matter of fine-tuning the ERC values so the corrective morph is enabled smoothly as you move the thigh.

For clarity's sake, I've attached a picture to explain.

propertyeditor1.png
    427 x 1080 - 39K
    Post edited by wowie on
  • wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited December 1969

This is what the thigh looks like on default G2F and with the Thin FBM (Full Body Morph) applied. I don't have Zev0's product, so I can't show you what it looks like with both Thin and Young applied.

ThinBBG2F_1.jpg
    784 x 1029 - 151K
    defaultBBG2F_1.jpg
    784 x 1029 - 160K
  • acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    Zev0 said:

Ok instead of creating a new thin morph, these hip adjustment ones did the trick. I made them for both for G2F and G2M. Morphs will be located under Shaping\Hip\Real World\ and will be called hip adjust left and right. Just extract the data folder from the zip and copy into your main content folder where your data folder is located.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ri3m76djpvegfm/HA.zip

I am having the same problem with a Genesis 2 character based upon a GenX" conversion from Stephanie 3. I notice that the download has expired. Is there any chance that you could re-upload so that I could try it to see if it solves my problem?

Let me see if I can find it lol.

Zev0 said:

Many thanks for that. I will try it out and report back.

Well, it was worth a try, but the morph doesn't solve my problem. It's easy to replicate the issue: bend the right thigh -90 degrees on a Genesis 2 Female that has had the Stephanie 3 legacy shape transferred using GenX2. What I get is a very nasty crevice between the thigh and hip/pelvis. Now admittedly the original Steph 3 shape wasn't great in this area, so I probably shouldn't complain.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I think the solution here is to start again with a scaled Genesis 2 female body shape, because the alternative is to use a D-Form and I absolutely loathe them with a passion!!

Sorry, I can't attach an image to show the problem because DAZ have decided that you can't post images anymore unless they are hosted elsewhere :(

• Zev0 Please ca u reupload HipAdjuster.zip and HA.zip

i need a morph for a glute spring script and i  need  pLeftRightRMorph   I did not find this file anywhere I searched the forum and the Daz site maybe is in your files ... 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q40u3p55xbznfvh/HipAdjuster.zip?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ri3m76djpvegfm/HA.zip Please Zev0 can u reupload files ???