Multiple Content Library panes?

HudsonkmHudsonkm Posts: 0
edited January 2014 in New Users

I am trying to categorize my content into custom categories.

I've been using the categorize function on items in my runtime folder up until this point, but the length of time this takes to do one by one is getting frustrating.

I would like to drag and drop items directly into my categories since that would make things much easier. However, since both the categories and runtime share the same pane, this method is just as frustrating since I can't have BOTH my categories and Runtime folders open to view at once.

Or can I?

In this, I mean is it possible to have a categories pane completely independent to the content library pain. This is so that I could undock categories and make it much less of a hassle to drag and drop into categories. I have been trying to figure out if this is possible but haven't been able to find any help topics on it.

OR, is it possible to simply have two instances of the Content Library pane opened at once sitting side by side?

TY in advance for any info to help me out here.

Post edited by Hudsonkm on

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited January 2014

I do not know this is what you serch for, but you can use view as "side by side"

eg I change view as side by side, then select one directory in runtime.
    figure/productname/

all contents in the directory should be shown in right side contena.

next I scroll down left contena to category.
    then click tree small triangle mark, to expand sub categories, and find correct category.
    without you click directory icon of category, the right contena files can stay there.

it can not work when I use view as list. it need to select directory to expand sub.
    then the right contena files has changed.

After that, you can drag items from right to left category which you select.

It can make your categorize easy, I believe.

viewasside.JPG
    868 x 631 - 88K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • HudsonkmHudsonkm Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tips. It does at least make it somewhat less tedious the way you described.