Anti Favoriting threads?

2»

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Novica said:
    Doc Acme said:

I was sort of wondering if that might be an option as well.  There are threads however such as Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released  with 2.2K replies 

AHEM. NO thread has thousands of REPLIES.

...except the sales error threadsdevil

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Novica said:
    Doc Acme said:

I was sort of wondering if that might be an option as well.  There are threads however such as Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released  with 2.2K replies 

LOL- NO thread has thousands of REPLIES. Threads are only 100 pages long!   Those numbers are VIEWS AND POSTS @docacme and @nylongirl

A thread can have 3,000 replies before it is split into a new iteration of the thread.  

• Right now on the first page of the commons, three threads have over 2000 comments. One of them is stickied even...
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153
    Ati said:
    3WC said:

Can I hide this thread? ;P

With the above script, you can hide any thread on the forum--even this one.

I might give your scripts a try Ati since I've not seen any means via the forum app.  But to be honest, that's really something that should be native to ANY software for a forum, if it had been designed properly that is.

Does your script need to be run each session or does it retain the exclusions?

• AtiAti Posts: 9,081
    Doc Acme said:
    Ati said:
    3WC said:

I might give your scripts a try Ati since I've not seen any means via the forum app.  But to be honest, that's really something that should be native to ANY software for a forum, if it had been designed properly that is.

It saves the hidden threads in your browser. (It's also possible to unignore a thread, if you later decide to do so.)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Doc Acme said:
    Ati said:
    3WC said:

Been using forums since before Daz had forums, have never seen that option. Not for members anyway.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,815
    edited October 2019

What gets me more than any off topic threads or what is this hair threads is the entitled ones who start their own threads about an issue multiple people are experiencing and already posting in the commons on the first page about.

Every glitch you get a pile of these I am unique threads under each other.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    Ati said:
    3WC said:

The Google search works for me, but spillchicken only kind of works like on other forums, and I'm not seeing any options to ignore or evidence that I've posted somewhere on the topic listings.

Clipboard01.gif
    301 x 306 - 11K
    Ati said:
    3WC said:

The Google search works for me, but spillchicken only kind of works like on other forums, and I'm not seeing any options to ignore or evidence that I've posted somewhere on the topic listings.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,081
    Sevrin said:
    Ati said:
    3WC said:

Go to "Recent Discussions" on the forum, and you can ignore the threads by clicking this button:

On the same page, threads you wrote in (this only shows posts you made after you installed the script) show up like this (without the arrow :D) :

Capture.JPG
    1357 x 742 - 126K
    Capture2.JPG
    1383 x 605 - 89K
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,156
    Novica said:
    Doc Acme said:

LOL- NO thread has thousands of REPLIES. Threads are only 100 pages long!   Those numbers are VIEWS AND POSTS @docacme and @nylongirl

What, exactly, do you think "replies" are?

Ati said:
    Sevrin said:
    Ati said:
    3WC said:

Go to "Recent Discussions" on the forum, and you can ignore the threads by clicking this button:

Ah okay.  I haven't been using Recent Discussion.  Thanks.