Cross Figure/auto-fit crotch triangle madness, how to smooth?

Hi all,

When I use the Cross Figure kit or Auto-fit, I get a broken, jagged triangle in the crotch area of the fit clothes when fitting them to Genesis 8 Male. Is there a smoother for this that I can buy, or some setting I can turn up? I have turned Smoothing Iterations up to 40-50 and that seems to fix it to some extent (it still looks wonky, but isn't as jagged), but then any update to the scene takes forever. Please advise.

Thanks!

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

Try changing the smoothing type to Generic this sometimes helps.

• Strange VoyagerStrange Voyager Posts: 390
    edited October 2019

Eh, it looked like it'd help, but I bought it and, while it changed the geometry a bit, it didn't decrack or detriangulate anything. I'm returning it.

Post edited by Strange Voyager on
  • I tried this but it did nothing for the pieces where I was getting the jagged triangle.
    scorpio said:

Try changing the smoothing type to Generic this sometimes helps.

• Eh, it looked like it'd help, but I bought it and, while it changed the geometry a bit, it didn't decrack or detriangulate anything. I'm returning it.

When G8M first came out, we all were trying "a billion" ways to make decent pants for it. I came to sad conclusion that unless one is a JCM morphing expert, one might just as well go back to skin clothing.

That being noted, what would be next to try would be to make a little morph specifically for the clothing that is deformed.

Have nothing else in the scene except G8M and the deformed pants [or whatever].

Clothing parented to G8M, send it over the bridge to Hexagon.

In Hexagon "freeze" the G8M figure ... use the smoother brush [uvmap & painting tab] ... gently smooth the geometry. When ready, back in D/S unselect G8M, select the clothing ... then back in Hexagon, select the clothing and send that alone back over the bridge. Make the morph, find and dial in the morph, if you like it, zero the morph and save the morph.  If you find that the area keeps popping out of place anyway, then a joint control morph or two is/are required and a good dose of headache pills.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The problem is the weight mapping.  The automated transfer Auto-Fit process is not clever enough to get the weight mapping balanced.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764

Hi, this "pulled taffi crotch" problem is common with autotfit.
    I am  a  clothing content developer and the ony way to assure it does not happen for me
     is to model the 
    upppermost inner thighs of pants with a depression that will cause poke through
    but I simply hide the visibility of the  figures thighs/hip during wear.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited October 2019

Most of those auto fit pucker issues can be resolved using a Smoother Modifier  found . edit>figure>geometry>add smoothing modifier , it should smooth out most of the noticeable wrinkles or puckers,

Or option 2.  for most conforming clothing items you can convert them to deforce using the deforce modifier and make the clothing item deforce compatible  edit>figure>geometry>add Dforce modifier dymanic surface.   just be careful when simulating the clothing, because some clothing items blow apart because of the mesh seams and such.

I hope that helps

Post edited by Ivy on