Need Urgent Advice!

2»

Comments

• Did the water plane have displacement?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

As I said before the computer will still lock up if it goes to the Pageing file until you get the extra memory fitted.

• I went to the Computer store today and they have a reasonable price to fit another 8GB RAM.
    Now my question is i have Geforce GTX 950M 4GB Dedicated VRAM - When i updated it to
    Version 430.86 DAZ started behaving strangley Renders Where Black or Rendering just stopped
    after a minute with a blanc window.

If i have it unistalled and then install it again will it go back to the original version i had?
    The first Version was somewhat old. Can i find a Version that is proven with DAZ?
    I think Richard mentioned the Version he has. And if - where can i find that version.
    When looking for a newer version Geforce only provides me with the latest Version!

• This is one of the reasons why I'm opting to stick with the previous version of Daz on my Win7 laptop until I get my new desktop.

To the OP, have you used D-force before when you were using the previous version of Daz on that system? Have you tried replicating & rendering some of the scenes you've done in the previous version? I just don't understand how you're using a video card with more VRAM than mine and running into these issues. Have you been making your scenes bigger when you started using the new version of Daz? If you only had 8 Gb RAM in your system before and had no issues, I don't see why it should be an issue now unless you're making the scenes bigger/more complex.

• I bought and fitted another 8GB of RAM today and i think that solved all my problems. I can now render products
    that was impossible before. I see that the Memory on many scenes go as high a 14 GB so no wonder my 8 GB RAM
    frooze my computer. Thanks all for your advice!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

That is good news. I have seen mine go to the full 16GB and also using the Swap File smiley