What am I missing with dForce Longdrape Hair?

I've been having this problem for some time after purchasing a few dForce hairs.  The hair will not show up in Iray view.  Here are two screenshots to compare the settings.  Am I missing something?  As of now I can't see what it looks like until I render.  That's a lot of waisted time if it needs some adjustments.

Screenshot (89).png
1920 x 1080 - 501K
Screenshot (88).png
1920 x 1080 - 571K

Comments

• You need to enable the option to show PR guides (I think - PR is the key term) in the Simulation group of the Parameters pane.

• Richard, I not following.  With Longhair drape highlighted and in the Parameters pane I see an option for Preview PR Hairs.  And it's on.  When I click on Parameter/Display/Simulation I only see one option, Visible in Simulation.  And it's on as well.  But when I try to view it in Iray preview the hair still disappears.

• What are the Draw Settings? Those govern the iray preview, rather than Render Settings - I'm not sure what is needed, but check that it si in Photoreal rather than Interactive mode I wold think.

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 900
    edited October 2019

Just a thought (might be totally wrong), but under the Preview PR Hairs button are two options for line tessilation. I'm still new to dforce hair and don't have the product to try this out, but for another dforce hair product, I found that changing the first one's value to 2 made the hair show up in the viewport and in Iray preview mode. I'm not at my computer to check the full name in the dial, but in your screenshot it's the one that says "...ort Line Tessilation Sides" and that is set to 1. Does setting it to 2 change anything for you? 

Post edited by Quixotry on
  • We have a winner!  Someone give Quixotry a cigar.  2 did the trick.  Thank you for completing the puzzle.  And thanks to Richard for your input.