Face Transfer: weak sauce

I was struggling to get anything worthwhile out of Face Transfer, so I thought I'd try an experiment; to give it the best chance of success I rendered a Daz3D character at 4000x5200 giving a nice high resolution source and allowing me to control the lighting, exposure, framing, etc., to eliminate as many potential issues as I could, then used that render as the source image for Face Transfer, and the results speak for themselves.  The mouth is passable (lips are too thin, but the general shape is a reasonable match), but the rest of it is terrible: the head is completely the wrong size and shape, the nose isn't even close, the eyes are as generic as you can get, and the skin is really plastic looking.

If this is as good as it gets then it's a hard pass from me.

Joel-2UP 930.png
1430 x 930 - 2M

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

If you actually replaced the texture set you'd see the mouth & such really aren't close either. I had bought the product even with those short comings but after I found out it wasn't DAZ 3D developing the code I returned it because I don't have the impression the makers of this plugin have any special university training in physics and mathematics needed to actually make the plugin eventually accurate. 

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871

on the test I did, the eyes were  like you said ' generic ' , and same for the lips, same shape, just thinner

I did think of trying face transfer as you did, just use a model I had already create in DAZ,  I didn't, due to the thought, " why transfer something I already created",  if I'm only goingt o get to save 3 times (free) I didn't want to test it that way