Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

Daz SoftwareDaz Software Posts: 35

Daz 3D is pleased to announce Daz Studio 4.12 Pro General Release! (*UPDATED*)

• Version: 4.12.1.118
  • Date: June 29, 2020

Highlights:

See the highlights thread here for details.

Important Notes:

!! IF YOU HAVE NOT UPGRADED TO THE 4.9 GENERAL RELEASE, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BACKUP YOUR CONTENT DATABASE IN DAZ STUDIO 4.x BEFORE LAUNCHING THIS VERSION !!

How do I backup my User Data in Daz Studio?

!! IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY MIGRATED FROM THE VALENTINA DB BASED CMS, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU MIGRATE TO THE POSTGRESQL BASED CMS BEFORE LAUNCHING THIS VERSION !!

Has the Content Management Service (CMS) changed?

For anyone using a pre-4.9.x build of Daz Studio:

• The first time you launch Daz Studio 4.9+, any data that exists in the content database is migrated so that it can be used in Daz Studio 4.9+.
  • The amount of time the database migration operation takes is proportional to the amount of data to be migrated.
  • The database migration operation does not delete the data that it migrates from the previous location so that it remains accessible by earlier versions and other applications, such as Carrara.
  • Daz Studio 4.9+ uses the same PostgreSQL database as Daz Studio 4.6 and later, and/or other applications, such as Carrara.
  • A portion of the data contained within the database is shared amongst versions but not entirely. For example:
    • Creating a category in either Daz Studio 4.9+ or 4.8 will cause that category to exist in the other version
    • Assigning a file to that category in Daz Studio 4.9+ will NOT cause that file to be assigned to that category in Daz Studio 4.8
    • Assigning a file to that category in Daz Studio 4.8 WILL cause the file to be assigned to the category in Daz Studio 4.9+
  • Reseting the database in any version of Daz Studio that uses PostgreSQL (e.g., 4.6 or later) will purge all of data in the database, including any data that may be used by earlier versions or other applications, such as Carrara.
  • After the initial migration operation, edited metadata in Daz Studio 4.8 will not be migrated to Daz Studio 4.9+.
    • A workaround is to export User Data from Daz Studio 4.8 and reimport User Data in Daz Studio 4.9+.

Known Issues:

• Standalone application/plugin installers for macOS are (currently) not available
    • Is available via Install Manager
  • The screens of the Daz Studio 4.12.0.86 standalone installer display "4.11", but do in fact install the 4.12.0.86 build

Frequently Asked Questions:

Public Beta Threads:

• 4.12.1.118 (June 29, 2020)
    • 4.12.1.117 (April 29, 2020)
    • 4.12.1.115 (April 24, 2020)
    • 4.12.1.109 (April 17, 2020)
    • 4.12.1.76 (February 18, 2020)
    • 4.12.1.55 (January 20, 2020)
    • 4.12.1.40 (November 25, 2019)
    • 4.12.1.16 (October 15, 2019)
    • 4.12.0.85 (September 24, 2019)
    • 4.12.0.83 (September 20, 2019)
    • 4.12.0.73 (September 11, 2019)
    • 4.12.0.67 (August 30, 2019)
    • 4.12.0.60 (August 23, 2019)
    • 4.12.0.47 (August 5, 2019)
    • 4.12.0.42 (July 30, 2019)
    • 4.12.0.33 (July 22, 2019)

Previous General Releases:

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• It won't download... Everything else downloads fine including the Beta, but the general release keeps failing to download!

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

It won't download... Everything else downloads fine including the Beta, but the general release keeps failing to download!

Same for me, even after closing DIM and restarting DIM.

• Thank #xxx we're able to do a manual download! I suppose I'll have to manually install it which is no problem I suppose, just wish DIM worked!

• DIM download looks to be working now; I just got mine. yes

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited September 2019

DIM download looks to be working now; I just got mine. yes

Mine isn't working yet. Not a big deal, as I prefer to work with the Beta.

UPDATE: It worked after I restarted DIM.

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • DIM download looks to be working now; I just got mine. yes

Thanks for the head's up mine is working too! And just in time seeing as the manual install is hanging on the bloody CMS install! Thanks Dazians for uploading the working install file!

• Thank you for fixing it and giving the free character.

• Thanks! Is there any difference between this version and the Beta release? Because the current Beta 4.12 still has many issues and I wouldn't want to update if they are not fixed.
  • Thanks! Is there any difference between this version and the Beta release? Because the current Beta 4.12 still has many issues and I wouldn't want to update if they are not fixed.

Some tweaks and updated default interface files.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

There's somewhere an updated User Guide?

• Downloading now with 96 kbit/sec. Only about 2 houres left.

• Thank you but...

No face transfer plug in for Mac users? That's just... not good. Very not good. How many Studio users, those of us who buy and use Daz content and have paid you significant amounts of money,  do so on Mac platforms? This is not just a small percentage of your customer base. For all of those people to be cut out of a significant upgrade is... and I'm cleaning up my language here because this really, really bleeps me off, not very good at all.

Ditto, because the bugs and load times were just...like Crashworship stated, not good. 'Very not good'. And for every borked release, I get more hesitant until the large majority of people praise it to the Nth degree.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

I'd like to ask a question.  will we need to down load all the starter essinatials  genesis thru genesis8 ? like we had to for daz beta? I see they are also in the Dim thats wy i asked

• Downloading now with 96 kbit/sec. Only about 2 houres left.

40% done. Now at 46 kbit/sec. Still 2 houres left. Seems like everybody wants that new build. ;-)

• Ivy said:

I'd like to ask a question.  will we need to down load all the starter essinatials  genesis thru genesis8 ? like we had to for daz beta? I see they are also in the Dim thats wy i asked

They have been updated, so yes.

• Ivy said:

Only Genesis 8 is affected by Face Transfer, as far as I know, and in Connect I am not seeing any updates (having installed the update for the beta).

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

okay I checked them all So I'll update them all just in case . thanks :)

• skboaskboa Posts: 59

I don't even have the public release available in DIM, only the beta o.O

• This is one heck of a quick release compared to previous general updates, what changed?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

I'm glad for the new release.  Hopefully some of the niggles got ironed out!  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited September 2019

Downloading now with 96 kbit/sec. Only about 2 houres left.

40% done. Now at 46 kbit/sec. Still 2 houres left. Seems like everybody wants that new build. ;-)

I'm at 603 Kbps, trying to download other purchases in DIM. Connect download speed is no better for those products. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day? All internet speed tests show my download speed at over 115 Mbps, so I believe my internet and router are OK.

Post edited by barbult on
  • It should be.

Were any critical issues in the Beta? I ask, because i have not tried the Beta and i am not sure if i should update or not.

• Former DAZ CustomerFormer DAZ Customer Posts: 167
    edited September 2019
    Ivy said:

They have been updated, so yes.

I take it that this is only for DIM-installed versions?  I've not seen an update for these on the Connect side of things...

Post edited by Former DAZ Customer on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited September 2019

So far so good none of the big bugs 11 had like iray preview & jumping mouse..

Edit spoke too soon preview window still a problem (BTW it did this on both my machines 1070 laptop & my 1080ti at home)

So is this permanent unless I am yet forced to upgrade to higher end current gen nividia card?

Untitled.jpg
    1920 x 981 - 787K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • Quick question. Does the Face Transfer work on Genesis, 2, 3 etc or only 8.?.

Thanks

• Jay Jay said:

Quick question. Does the Face Transfer work on Genesis, 2, 3 etc or only 8.?.

Thanks

8 Only

https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    Thanks! Is there any difference between this version and the Beta release? Because the current Beta 4.12 still has many issues and I wouldn't want to update if they are not fixed.

Were any critical issues in the Beta? I ask, because i have not tried the Beta and i am not sure if i should update or not.

I had an issue with Studio failing on several scene saves in an earlier version of the beta, but I downloaded the latest version a couple of days ago and everything is working fine so far.
    I've downloaded the full release, but will not install it yet as there seems no important difference between it and the beta.
    Just make sure you save your current installed version of Studio in a seperate folder in case 4.12 isn't to your taste and you want to undo it. Richard, can you amplify on this? Thank you.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited September 2019
    Jay Jay said:

Quick question. Does the Face Transfer work on Genesis, 2, 3 etc or only 8.?.

Thanks

8 Only

https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

Not purchasing anything until they resolve the obvious big bugs. Sides may need to go back to 10...

Post edited by Bobvan on