Dapper Troll

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,533

Ever

Nature Calls

• David RDavid R Posts: 228

FirstBastion said:

Ever

Very romantic.  Why the "AI GEN" watermark? 

I am strongly in the "NO AI" camp for the ethical issue that were brought up re: training and infringement,  but recognized that nothing is stopping the tidal wave of this new tech,  so have been using and developing the skills since the end of 2022. 

I just feel AI art that is made by a computer should be clearly labelled as such.  Even if I prompted the thing into existence,  it is not really my artwork. 

Obviously our 3D renders are also "made by a computer"  and photohop filters and actions are also "made by a computer".   It is all a little bit much to be singling out AI generation,  but at a core level I see it as different.  All those other tasks that used a computer though, required some technical skills or creative talent to achieve the results.  The computer artist had to work at it.

With AI generation,  it literally is a "make art" button.   So any hack can now output reams of content in no time at all. And at similar quality to other more gifted artists.   That's the thing that bothers the artist most.  All those years of work and dedication  developing a craft and talent is now moot.

So self labelling these AI Generated images  is my small attempt to acknowledge the artists that are affected by these tumultuous changes.  No biggie. We all get to the future eventually.

These are comments by me from my AI thread here when asked a similar question:   https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/684596/1stbees-trials-and-piles-promptly

Metal

• David RDavid R Posts: 228

FirstBastion said:

I am strongly in the "NO AI" camp for the ethical issue that were brought up re: training and infringement,  but recognized that nothing is stopping the tidal wave of this new tech,  so have been using and developing the skills since the end of 2022. 

I just feel AI art that is made by a computer should be clearly labelled as such.  Even if I prompted the thing into existence,  it is not really my artwork. 

Obviously our 3D renders are also "made by a computer"  and photohop filters and actions are also "made by a computer".   It is all a little bit much to be singling out AI generation,  but at a core level I see it as different.  All those other tasks that used a computer though, required some technical skills or creative talent to achieve the results.  The computer artist had to work at it.

With AI generation,  it literally is a "make art" button.   So any hack can now output reams of content in no time at all. And at similar quality to other more gifted artists.   That's the thing that bothers the artist most.  All those years of work and dedication  developing a craft and talent is now moot.

So self labelling these AI Generated images  is my small attempt to acknowledge the artists that are affected by these tumultuous changes.  No biggie. We all get to the future eventually.

These are comments by me from my AI thread here when asked a similar question:   https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/684596/1stbees-trials-and-piles-promptly

I tend to agree.  And I'm frankly surprised by the number of artists who've been wooed by the siren song of AI. People who've given up DAZ or even painting and drawing in favor of the "art" button.  Whenever I've tried AI I end up disappointed.  Maybe if I took more time with it, but frankly it holds no fascinaton  for me, and there are things I'd rather do.

In any case, This couple will never be AI. laugh

Given we have the tools,  going to 3D route  offers so much more control with the assets and story telling possibilities.  You are developing a great sequential art story,  and Kurt and Charlotte are great characters.  

High School Confidential

Defender

Daily Routine Workout

Finding the Words

edited May 29

Cornered, but not Caught

Post edited by FirstBastion on